Version 6 Kernel Panic & Firewall (Application Paths)

Go to solution Solved by planet,

• Most Valued Members

After a new install of Mavericks (reformat, reinstall) on a Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina, I noticed Version 6 of Cyber Security Pro was released. I downloaded and installed it fine, however I use the Firewall in interactive mode and I am noticing the difficulty in creating rules all of a sudden that I didn't have issues with Version 5. This is on OS X 10.9.2.

I've also noticed esets_proxy forced my Mac to restart unexpectedly (Kernel Panic) while browsing in Safari after about twelve hours of installing Version 6.

Edited by planet

I did an in-place upgrade from 5 to 6, and found my pre-defined rules were not always working

In the end I had to perform an uninstall, and track down the remaining ESET files the uninstall did not remove before doing a clean new install

Now the rules are working

I would advise you export your configuration, and then uninstall the current version, reboot and reinstall

you may want to test before importing your configuration (or just start again)

• Most Valued Members

I would advise you export your configuration, and then uninstall the current version, reboot and reinstall

Thanks for the suggestion however this was on a brand new install of OS X - I reformatted and reinstalled Mavericks and then installed V6 straight after. I then just started adding the rules from scratch again.  :)

Edited by planet

• 1 month later...
  • ESET Insiders

Hi,

I'm having the same problems with ECS Pro 6.0.9.1 on OS X 10.9.2 (13C64). Have re-installed once again but no luck at all addressing this issue? So now we don't know what process is calling. A great disappointment for a even greater product! 

Edited by BDMSTUDIOS

• ESET Insiders

I did an in-place upgrade from 5 to 6, and found my pre-defined rules were not always working

In the end I had to perform an uninstall, and track down the remaining ESET files the uninstall did not remove before doing a clean new install

Now the rules are working

I'm going to give this a try!

UPDATE: no-way-jose will a re-install bring back a working interactive mode for FireWall.

See screens for COD4  :o 

post-3436-0-08154900-1398672567_thumb.jpgpost-3436-0-74223600-1398672567_thumb.jpg

Reverted back to v5!!! 

Edited by BDMSTUDIOS

• ESET Insiders

Thanks for the suggestion however this was on a brand new install of OS X - I reformatted and reinstalled Mavericks and then installed V6 straight after. I then just started adding the rules from scratch again.  :)

I'm afraid it's a BUG! Re-installed V5 and up-and-running again in FW interactive mode.  B)

• Most Valued Members

I'm afraid it's a BUG! Re-installed V5 and up-and-running again in FW interactive mode.  B)

The good news is that ESET has found the issue and also a fix for it, so this issue will be solved once they release it.

As for the Kernel Panics, it's better to focus on this other thread which affects both Cyber Security and Cyber Security Pro.

Edited by planet

• ESET Insiders

The good news is that ESET has found the issue and also a fix for it, so this issue will be solved once they release it.

As for the Kernel Panics, it's better to focus on this other thread which affects both Cyber Security and Cyber Security Pro.

Thanks planet! Great that ESET found the issue and that a fix is on its way!  :)

Cheers

• Administrators

We are working on a new service build that should address all issues known to date.

Please try increasing the spinlock timeout by running "sudo nvram slto_us=0xffffffff" and restart OS X for the change to take effect.

• ESET Insiders

We are working on a new service build that should address all issues known to date.

Please try increasing the spinlock timeout by running "sudo nvram slto_us=0xffffffff" and restart OS X for the change to take effect.

Thanks for your reply. I presume that this fix is for ECS Pro v6 only? I reverted to v5.0.115. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Most Valued Members
  • Solution

Just thought I'd say that 6.0.13.0 has now been released which solves both the Kernel Panic and Firewall (Application Paths) issue.  :)

Cyber Security: https://forum.eset.com/topic/2930-eset-cyber-security-2014-edition-version-6013-is-available/

Cyber Security (Pro): https://forum.eset.com/topic/2931-eset-cyber-security-pro-2014-edition-version-6013-is-available/

Edited by planet