errors in the Event Viewer.  The first (ID 1060) says
"\??\C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Local\Temp\ehdrv.sys has been
blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this
system."; the second (ID 7000) says "The eapihdrv service
failed to start due to the following error.  The driver has
been blocked from loading".

What is the problem?

I am out of ideas.

The event log entries you are concerned about are not unique. Here's a 2016 posting showing the same event log entries: https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400929-windows-7-home-premium-please-help-programs-will-not-update-post3285952.html#post3285952

I would say if Eset Online Scanner completed a scan successfully, it operated properly. Otherwise, you will have to wait till an Eset moderator responds on your concerns.

Thank you for the reply, but turning off R/T MSE protection did not change anything.  MSE is the only anivirus or other security sw I have installed.

Sure you never installed security software along the lines of MalwareBytes Anti-malware, etc.?

Edited by itman

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, I'm sure - it was restored to the Vaio factory settings a couple of months ago, and no AV has been installed since then.

• Administrators

You can collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here for perusal (only ESET staff has access to attachments here).

• Administrators

Unfortunately, a SysInspector log was not included. It is generated by ELC by default so I assume you must have chosen to not download and run SysInspector.  Please try again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

First of all, this forum is meant to be for sharing the knowledge with users and moderators. It does not work as a replacement for contacting customer care. In general, forums do not provide tracking capabilities to ensure that an answer is provided in a timely manner.

Regarding the logs, you have SuperAdBlocker installed and its drivers running. I'd suggest temporarily uninstalling it and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't help, does installing a trial version of ESET fail too according to the events in the Event log? A weird thing is the location of the ehdrv.sys drive since it's installed in the \system32\drivers folder:

\??\C:\Users\Laptop\AppData\Local\Temp\ehdrv.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver." 11/10/2019 20:35:47 ;

I'd suggest raising a ticket with your local customer care.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.  I was not complaining, I just wanted to remind you to take a look at the logs you had requested.

I did uninstall AdBlock Plus (I do not have SuperAdBlocker), and also disabled MSE R/T scanning (the only anti-malware I have installed), then ran esetonlinescanner, getting the same errors in the Event Viewer.

I downloaded, installed and ran the free 30-day trial of ESET NOD32 Antivirus (eset_nod32_antivirus_live_installer.exe), and there were no Event Viewer errors. As long as the S/W was installed, ehdrv.sys was in the system32\drivers folder, but when I uninstalled the S/W, ehdrv.sys was no longer there.

Why does esetonlinescanner put ehdrv.sys in the "wrong" location?  Is this what causes the errors?  Do the errors matter?  They show up early in the scan, but the rest of the process looks normal.

I wonder if this is just one of the many weird glitches that come with Windows 7.

Two other points of interest:
1.  Running SysInspector -> 3 pairs of the same error messages, but for esihdrv instead of ehdrv/eapihdrv - even after installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
2.  My Bell home hub 3000 log shows three "DNS name resolution failure (1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.f.f.f.f.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.c.e.f)" errors every time I run esetlogcollector (and at no other time).

Finally, I am not clear who you mean by "your local customer care"?

• 1 month later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 11/11/2019 at 5:54 AM, xxyyz said:

Finally, I am not clear who you mean by "your local customer care"?

By local care he means emailing eset support and creating a ticket. While the forum is handy the best and recommended way to get support is emailing support