12.2.29.0 bug...

• Administrators

We are aware of it; it was actually an issue that we tried to work around in v12.2.29 but it caused other issues resulting from WSC not responding in a timely manner. Most likely it will be reported to and discussed with Microsoft's developers since the process of registration to WSC is handled by Windows itself and it's beyond any 3rd party sw vendor.

There should be a newer version available soon that will have the workaround reverted which may affect timing and the notification may go away.

If ESET Internet Security says its firewall is active, but WSC reports both ESET and Windows firewalls are switched off:

Is ESET fully functional, with no security breach/issues?

Is my computer fully protected correctly by ESET at this time?

Thanks

• Administrators

WSC reports both firewalls off which is before ESET registers to WSC on system startup. The notification should disappear after WSC has started and responded to ESET's check and after ESET has subsequently registered to it. Towards the end of this week v12.2.30 should be distributed to users with pre-release update channel which will not wait for the response from WSC and will attempt to register immediately which should minimize the chance of the notification being displayed.

We will provide the new version to our forum users who had issues with that recently in advance.

10 minutes ago, Marcos said:

WSC reports both firewalls off which is before ESET registers to WSC on system startup. The notification should disappear after WSC has started and responded to ESET's check and after ESET has subsequently registered to it. Towards the end of this week v12.2.30 should be distributed to users with pre-release update channel which will not wait for the response from WSC and will attempt to register immediately which should minimize the chance of the notification being displayed.

We will provide the new version to our forum users who had issues with that recently in advance.

Thank you.

Personally, I believe something else is involved in these instances when Win 10 displays this Windows event notification.

The way it is supposed to work is at boot time, the following two events are logged in the Security Center event log:

The Windows Security Center Service was unable to load instances of FirewallProduct from datastore.

The Windows Security Center Service was unable to load instances of AntiVirusProduct from datastore.

Assumed is Eset is the cause of the above event log activity. However the Security Center is still in the process of initializing itself. As such, the Windows event notification should not appear. While this initialization activity is ongoing, Eset briefly allows Windows Defender to start and then terminates it. Security Center initialization completes with the result being Eset is registered as both the firewall and anti-virus provider.

Yes, its a well known bug by now ..........it appeared with this buggy update to 12.2.29 .

Rolled back to previous version 12.2.23 , with NO BUGS at all !!

I dont understand why (!) ESET still did not react .............WHEN WILL THESE TROUBLES GET FIXED !!!   :angry:

I contacted support already , they want to look in my PC , but whats the use without a new update , its not our OS , this is an ESET-problem ...................!!

27 minutes ago, Pete12 said:

Yes, its a well known bug by now ..........it appeared with this buggy update to 12.2.29 .

Rolled back to previous version 12.2.23 , with NO BUGS at all !!

I dont understand why (!) ESET still did not react .............WHEN WILL THESE TROUBLES GET FIXED !!!   :angry:

I contacted support already , they want to look in my PC , but whats the use without a new update , its not our OS , this is an ESET-problem ...................!!

@Marcos I'm forced to agree here. I did my own testing here on a separate computer I have here that I strictly use for testing software, troubleshooting, etc.  I've invested the last 3 days with this. This is an ESET v12.2.29 issue and is not related to Windows 10 or Microsoft WSC whatsoever, it is clearly a buggy software update at the fault of ESET. 

I have installed 3 previous/older versions of Windows 10 on this machine from fresh install media. Windows 10 v1709 (Nov 2017) and Windows 10 v1803 (April 2018) and Windows 10 v1809 (October 2018). The WSC issue is a common problem in all the versions of Windows 10 I have tested. It is not strictly related to v1903 (May 2019). 

When v12.2.23.0 is installed on any version of Windows 10 ... everything runs fine. When v12.2.29 is installed at each cold-boot or reboot Windows 10 says firewall and AV is turned off, just like the screenshot the OP has posted. There is an error in the code and the developers need to roll back to v12.2.23.0 to figure out what went wrong in the changes. If I am seeing this from fresh install media, then I am sure this issue is widespead and affecting pretty much everyone. 

I just wanted to share my thoughts on this. 

On a side note ... I am making a separate thread because I noticed that ESET notifications do not show up for me anymore on my main machine. 

Edited by heyyahblah

" A lot of people , and so am I, are very , deeply dissapointed in the reactions of ESET ,according to all these bugs as described in these forums ( 12.2.29 ) .....................no reactions at all !!!!  :angry::angry:

I do hope they will finally DO SOMETHING about it ...........thinking of ending my ( paid) subscription..........

First of all he regretted the problems that this new update 12.2.29.0 is giving but for many years I am an eset user and the technical service is magnificent and they will solve the error as soon as possible
also give my support to Marcos for his great work in the forum, we can only wait for the new patience update.😉