It is really false positive. Please solve it asap

Dear sir or madam,

To whom it may concern.

This is Maggie from IObit.

Your program ESET-NOD32 Virus Scanner has mistakenly detected our Sur13_WinFix.exe in Advanced SystemCare as threats. This is absolutely a false positive. And it will make troubles to our users and destroy our good reputation. Our program -- Advanced SystemCare is high-tested, absolutely without security risks, spyware, adware and so on.

Details of this false positive as follows:
You can download the reported file from hxxp://wikisend.com/download/454062/Sur13_WinFix.rar for research.

Please look into this issue and solve it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your prompt reply in advance.

The same IObit that stole Malwarebytes tech and sig databases ?

Your inquiry is not a false positive but part of a PUA greylist that the user has complete control over detection as its optional.

The same IObit that stole Malwarebytes tech and sig databases ?

Your inquiry is not a false positive but part of a PUA greylist that the user has complete control over detection as its optional.

Yes that's the same IObit.  ;)

"And it will make troubles to our users and destroy our good reputation."

Destroy your good reputation, really? I think you guys did that very well indeed on your own actually with the MBAM case.

I don't care if some users have "put that behind" and forgot all about it, I surely have not. So please don't come here and talk about that it could damage your good reputation, that's just silly.

Now not to go off-topic, if it is a PUA detection then it's not a FP, and totally optional like Arakasi mention.

Edited by SweX

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

If you believe software you have written is triggering a false positive alarm, you must submit it directly to ESET's threat researchers for examination by them.

This is ESET's support forum and is not regularly visited by employees of ESET's threat research laboratory..

For instructions on how to submit a file, see ESET Knowledgebase Article 141, "How do I submit a virus, website or potential false positive sample to ESET's lab? ."

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky