False Positive on uTorrent

I am trying to install uTorrent and NOD32 is blocking me. I've tried to ignore the block but NOD32 still blocks the installation. Please advise.

• Administrators

I assume the application is detection as potentially unwanted. The detection is correct then. If you think that benefits of using the application outweigh possible risks (e.g. installation of toolbars, displaying ads or whatever PUAs can do), you can exclude it from detection by the detection name as follows:

image.png

Marcos

Thanks for the comments.  I've used uTorrent on a couple of other PCs without any problems. Your suggestions for excluding the signature worked.

• Most Valued Members
23 minutes ago, Paolo_R said:

Marcos

Thanks for the comments.  I've used uTorrent on a couple of other PCs without any problems. Your suggestions for excluding the signature worked.

uTorrent do put some ads software with their installation as far as I remember

I prefer Deluge or Qbitorrent , Google for them , ESET will not detect them as PUA because they don't include ads or toolbars in their installers.

• 1 month later...

U torrent is no longer trusted by many file sharers hasn't been for several years, the older versions are more secure as well

Edited by tommy456