SLIM CLEANER

chrlshlmn

Hello,I'm just checking and searching cleaner software and saw slim cleaner vs cc cleaner.Any response or support will be appreciated.I am aware this forum is for eset software.From time to time I'm always tinkering here and there. Thanks 

Slim utilities are trustworthy.

They are a true Microsoft endorsed software.

However, the only slim utilities i use are slimdrivers.

I prefer ccleaner.

If you have never used Slimdrivers, you're in for a huge surprise.

I use it on a daily basis to install drivers on new windows installs. :)

Edited by Arakasi

CCleaner is the only "cleaner" I trust and know how it works, and it cleans all the areas I want. And it have never caused any problems this far since 2005 when I started to use it, so I don't feel any need to look for an alternative. It may not clean as deep as some other cleaners but that's only a plus if you ask me. The deeper a "cleaner" will search the more it'll find and the risk for an "fp" i.e you'll clean out something you really shouldn't clean will increase. 

Piriform have taken good care of CC this far and until they screw it up wich I obviously hope they won't I will continue to use it everyday.

Considering the huge userbase piriform have with all the CC users I don't think they'll take any risks making the cleaner work any different than it does now.

Edited by SweX

YW Chris. Though Slimdrivers sounds nice and might come in handy :) So thanks to Aracozy for mentioning it ;)

Edited by SweX

Good that you point that out Tom, and great that you link to the builds page directly. Yeah, if we wait patiently a few days it should show up as usual at the builds page.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

And your intent on using this sort of software within the constraints of your installed ESET software is ? 

There are many on-board ways of deleting junk than via third party software but that's a personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of days for slim.

hxxp://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

.....couple days has passed and the slim build of 4.12 is now available on the site.

hxxp://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

P.S perhaps we should create a CCleaner thread instead where we discuss about it and posts updates  :D