eset support is the worst - won't buy their product again

noeffort

I purchased eset security pack and installed on 1 pc (allowed up to 5).  I wasn't able to retain my password to activate additonal copies.  I emailed support requesting they send the password, no reply.  I installed on a laptop and when it asked for activation I entered my email address requesting password to be sent, no reply in two days.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I am not sure what happened to your support request, but if you can send me a private message with the following information:

• Name
  • Email address used to register the software
  • Username portion of your license (part that begins with EAV-##########)
I will have someone from ESET's customer care department contact you to assist you in activating the software on the remainder of the PCs that you licensed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Isn't it meant to work like you use the same Username/pass on all 5 PC that you used when you installed it on your first PC, I mean is it not possible to put in the user/pass manually in the update section in the setup-tree, or during the install process of the product.   :unsure:

I had a computer crash and lost my password.   Requested password be sent to me when trying to do another install.  Couple of days and still no email from eset.  Serious problem with their support. Don't lose the password or your screwed.  I'm done with ESET and will use the free Security Essentials.

Seriously, you waited for an email that didn't show up.....yes we all agree that's not good.

Then you posted here saying you're not happy with the support, Aryeh responded 16min later and offered you help.

And now you don't want any help when you have been offered help. Oh god I can never figure out why some people react this way.

It's ok to be a bit upset for not getting an email response in a timely manner, but not accepting official help when being offered..sorry I don't get it.

You could try to copy the user/pass from the setup-tree on the PC that have ESET installed....and paste it, save it, and transfer it....   (Seems like I was mixing this possibility up with some other product, in anycase it's not possible to copy the pass. Shame on me.)

Good luck Sir/Madam.

Edited by SweX

US only *

I always receive my username and password within 2minutes or less using this link:

hxxp://www.eset.com/us/support/lost-license/

I had to do it today, because i uninstalled ess 7 and reinstalled.

Swex, dont forget you cant get your password in the program itself, only username. :)

US only *

I always receive my username and password within 2minutes or less using this link:

Swex, dont forget you cant get your password in the program itself, only username. :)

Thanks Arakasi,

I used the link you provides a couple of days ago and no response.  Just tried again.  Nothing.

"You could try to copy the user/pass from the setup-tree on the PC that have ESET installed....and paste it, save it, and transfer it...."

I suggest you try and copy your password and report back to us.

It could be going to a different email address than what you are checking ?

Could be a typo when it was setup? Or a different mail all together?

Its also a possibility that the mail server is blocking, or maybe the mail app being used to check is filtering it out or somewhere else ?

You could try adding the address noreply@orders.eset.com to the safe senders list ?

If none of these help you, then Aryeh will for sure assist. :)

It could be going to a different email address than what you are checking ?

Could be a typo when it was setup? Or a different mail all together?

Its also a possibility that the mail server is blocking, or maybe the mail app being used to check is filtering it out or somewhere else ?

You could try adding the address noreply@orders.eset.com to the safe senders list ?

If none of these help you, then Aryeh will for sure assist. :)

I check all junk/spam before it is deleted from the folder.  I use 2 email addresses and used both with the link you provided and still no response.

Hmm..very possible I might be thinking about another program, I reckon I did just this in the past though from the setup-tree but I might be wrong, and it might have changed since then, I'm not sure since I haven't tried to do this recently, it was just a quick suggestion to get noeffort going since it sounded like he/she didn't have time to wait till ESET responded back.

Edit: Well just to be sure I just checked and the "copy" option in the menu for the pass is indeed grayed out so yes it's not possible to copy it. 

It must be like this for security reasons I guess, but why be able to copy the username but not the pass, when you need both to make the product and update function work?  :unsure:

Edited by SweX

US only *

Thanks Arakasi,

I used the link you provides a couple of days ago and no response.  Just tried again.  Nothing.

"You could try to copy the user/pass from the setup-tree on the PC that have ESET installed....and paste it, save it, and transfer it...."

I suggest you try and copy your password and report back to us.

It was supposed to be a "quick fix" for you, unfortunately I was wrong and now I have the shame hat on.

Copying the password is no problem for me though, since I have the email with all the info in my inbox incase I would need it.

Awesome.

Very glad you got what you needed.

Apologies that there was a delay retrieving your account information.

Mr Goretsky is very good people and always willing to help, along with the rest of the support staff here on the forums.

• 1 month later...

just my 2 cents on this :)

First off I like ESET better than all the other A\V products I have used before and will continue to use them. So please take this as constructive criticism.  :)  Usually when talking to someone the problem is answered or dealt with excellently.....But my only complaint would be...

I have needed to call ESET I believe 4 times to get some questions answered and immediately received a message that someone would call me within 1 business day.  They did not.  Ever.

It has always required multiple calls to get someone to respond.  As a network admin I need answers to my questions asap since my customers are asking me for answers.  In this last instance I waited over 48 hours for a response and when I didn't receive one I actually sent another message to either respond or refund.  They responded within minutes. Why couldn't they do that in the first place? I dont like doing that but when I have the owner of the company standing beside me and asking me why I can't move ahead I am not going to take the blame for that delay.  Most of my customers want instant answers and immediate gratification and they are the type of people who pay big bucks for it

I wish I had the time to browse the forums more and get the answers I need but I am a freelance Network Admin so I am in multiple companies daily and don't have the time. It is more productive for me to call customer support and ask the question and get the answers right away i just wish they could respond more effectively.

not trying to offend but that's just what i see

Hello,

I have needed to call ESET I believe 4 times to get some questions answered and immediately received a message that someone would call me within 1 business day.  They did not.  Ever.

Did someone in support tell you this ? Because they don't verbally say we will call you back in 24 hours. Or did you leave a message. ( the message says we will contact you back in 24.) Why would you leave a message and expect fast turnaround for your customers needing an answer now ?

I have to call ESET everyday because i am a distributor. I am also a Network admin for multiple companies just like you.

When i call the San Diego office for support, the hold times can be from 3 minutes to 30 minutes or more; however i will always wait for someone to pick up if my questions are dire. You cant just hang up and then complain, or leave a message and complain about fast response.

I always have my questions answered right then and there, or i schedule my appointments with level 3 and they are always ready at the scheduled time.

I understand this is constructive criticism, and there are some areas in support that need to be better handled (example: voicemail cases not being contacted).

However what you are describing is like an oxymoron, it doesn't really happen unless under certain conditions.

If you have answers that you cant wait for on the phone, leave a forum post or thread anyway, some of us answer very quickly here on the forums, or send me a PM, and i will help get you your answers, simply because i have a handful of contacts in the company, from sales engineers to managers, have met a few researchers as well. :)

Edited by Arakasi

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem someone described last February. I bought my computer from MicroCenter, and they installed ESET while making another upgrade I purchased the day I bought the computer. There was a problem which required them the next day to refresh the original HP image and they installed ESET again. When I got home, it said the product was not activated, and would not take the User Key because "jt had been used too many times" or the like. I hadn't installed the program, nor received a user name and password. The program had all of my information when I tried to install with the key.

I went twice to the page at which you could give your email to get your user name and password, but I have received no reply from ESET. I hope that a moderator can help the way one helped the guy back in February on this forum with the same problem.

• Former ESET Employees

I have the same problem someone described last February. I bought my computer from MicroCenter, and they installed ESET while making another upgrade I purchased the day I bought the computer. There was a problem which required them the next day to refresh the original HP image and they installed ESET again. When I got home, it said the product was not activated, and would not take the User Key because "jt had been used too many times" or the like. I hadn't installed the program, nor received a user name and password. The program had all of my information when I tried to install with the key.

I went twice to the page at which you could give your email to get your user name and password, but I have received no reply from ESET. I hope that a moderator can help the way one helped the guy back in February on this forum with the same problem.

I show that we replied to your support request on 11/13/2014 and included your username and password. Can you please confirm?