ECA login problems and firewall policy settings cleared

Hi,

I have been made aware that some time this morning (Thursday 4th April), the policy for my ESET Security Clients have had their settings reset.

I have lost all rules and zones created in the firewall, and the evaluate rules from Windows Firewall is switched off.

I am unable to login into the ECA as login errors are shown.

On our critical test machines, I have had to switch the clients firewall off until further notice.

What has gone wrong!?

The same happens to me, I cannot login to ECA

A few hours ago, in the morning, when it was still possible to login, I noticed that all the policy disappeared and returned to their default

As a result, several systems do not work in the organization

This is not the first time I have problems with this cloud interface!!

There is no update when it will be solved, does anyone know anything?

Good news, the site has just returned to work

Edited by ofer1954

• ESET Staff

Hello @ofer1954 & @Roger Nock

We have experienced unexpected difficulties during upgrade of ESET Cloud Administrator backend to the newest version. As a result some instances were temporarily started with "empty DB" meaning that previous configurations and state was temporarily lost. We have re-setup the instances from the DB backup, meaning all should be back to normal and policies were restored to the original state.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and issues caused. We are working with the teams involved to further optimize our internal processes to prevent such issues from happening in the future. 

@ofer1954 You have said that it was not a first time that problems occurred. Can you please tell us more details about the specific issues you have experienced? 

Thank you both for understanding.

Michal 

Edited by MichalJ

@MichalJ

Thanks for the update. Things are working now as expected.

One observations is that during the policies being cleared I had to disable the firewall on some clients, but I never got an alert in the ECA to say the firewall was disabled on these. I would have expected some kind of warning.

• ESET Staff

@Roger Nock You are indeed right. If you disable firewall "permanently" it would switch the feature to "OFF state" which does not generate any error on the management console side. If you pause it, protection state is switched to red, and warning is displayed. This behavior is non consistent with other functionalities, and If I do recall correctly we are tracking already a change request to make it more consistent and also report the state of the features more clearly inside the management console. Thank you for pointing this out. 

Internal reference for ESET staff: IDEA-1256, P_ESMC-16751

Edited by MichalJ