EFS 7.0.12018.0 scan stuck

• Most Valued Members

Hello ,

Scan do get stuck on Windows Server 2012 , different servers , they all get stuck on the same file which is write.exe

Cancelling the scan won't work and it will still loop , cancelling it will cancel the timer , but the scan won't just go away , unless you restart.

Any idea?

• Administrators

Are you able to reproduce it just by scanning write.exe or c:\windows\system32? When the issue occurs, create a full dump of ekrn via the advanced setup -> diagnostics -> create and provide it along with ELC logs for analysis. I'd recommend raising a support ticket for your local customer care so that the case is properly tracked.

• Most Valued Members
30 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Are you able to reproduce it just by scanning write.exe or c:\windows\system32? When the issue occurs, create a full dump of ekrn via the advanced setup -> diagnostics -> create and provide it along with ESET Log Collector logs for analysis. I'd recommend raising a support ticket for your local customer care so that the case is properly tracked.

Ok will do that , I will open a support ticket with the local customer support

Thanks Marcos.

Believe the legit write.exe is located in C:\Windows directory. Suspect the file hanging Eset scanning is not the legit version. I would perform a Win explorer search on the boot drive; i.e. C:\ for anything named write.exe.

• Most Valued Members
3 minutes ago, itman said:

Believe the legit write.exe is located in C:\Windows directory. Suspect the file hanging Eset scanning is not the legit version. I would perform a Win explorer search on the boot drive; i.e. C:\ for anything named write.exe.

It's that file in the Windows directory that hangs the Scan , write.exe in the Windows directory.

• Most Valued Members
On 4/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello @Rami,

can you please share the solution / progress of this case with us, if you have any?

Thank you, P.R.

I had to restart the servers , and run the scan again , it didn't get stuck on write.exe.

I don't know what caused all of them to get stuck on the same file.