Repository issues in Australia again!

Seems we are having repository issues in Australia again re the following thread. I've been trying to deploy ERA Agent to new computers on a customers network for most of the night. Continually fails to start and times out in ERA Server Task. So created installer .bat file. Running this worked on one computer but times out on others. Can confirm access to the repository website from both server and clients. Can even trigger downloaded of the msi file from the repository, gets to about 6% downloaded and then just hangs!

Can ESET please fix this! It's really annoying trying to sell and support your product when we're regularly having these issues!

• Administrators

Does the user have the repository set to AUTOSELECT? Do they have access to the Internet restricted on a firewall, ie. clients may not be able to access certain CDN servers unless the CDN server IP addresses are allowed on the firewall? Please drop me a personal message with the public IP of the user.

Yes set to autoselect no issues with firewall. Can access repository just fine. 

Quite simply the servers are just tooooooooo slow!

• ESET Moderators

Hello @ShaneDT,

can you please send me via a private message:

1. public IP address of the device on which it fails

2. Wireshark log capturing packets on the device, on which it fails. Make sure to start the logging before the download starts and stop it after it fails.

I will check it with the team responsible, once I have the inputs from you.

Regards, Peter

Sorry Peter but it's 12:30am here and I don't wish to spend hours of my time providing logs for what is a known problem!

The amount of time I've wasted troubleshooting vendor problems this week is ridiculous!!

I've manually installed the agent using the server assist option and installed EES using the direct download link. PITA but at least I can call it a night.

• Administrators

The issue was addressed with high priority. We now use also fast CDN servers to deliver installers, however, without further investigation and logs we won't be able to tell what happened in that particular case.