Switched Network Over to Domain, Clients Not Connecting to Server

We just switched over to a in house domain and now none of the clients are connecting to the server which is running:

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.5 (6.5.522.0)
ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.5 (6.5.388.0)

The Clients are mostly running:

I haven't moved the server over to the domain, but the clients and server are on the same IP scheme.

If I move the server over to the domain will I have to re-install the server components?

Thanks in Advance!

• ESET Staff

Could you please check AGENT's logs and verify what it the reason of not connecting AGENTs? Any chance you have changed hostname of ERA server? Or what you mean by moving server to domain?

Thanks for the reply Martin. Our network was being managed off-site and all the client computers had static addresses. But now we have a domain controller onsite and it hands out the IP addresses via DHCP. So my computers on this new domain do not have a static IP address anymore. The company that installed the domain didn't join all of the computers to the it and the ESET server still sees them. The hostname of the ERA server was not changed. As far as the server, it is not part of the domain yet. 

Where do I go to look at the client logs?

Thanks,

Scott

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, ScottWStewart said:

Where do I go to look at the client logs?

Here:
C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html
and here:
C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log .

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2018 at 2:04 PM, Marcos said:

Here:
C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html
and here:
C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log .

Thank you for your help Marcos. Hopefully this issue can be resolved easily. 

Here are the logs from one of the endpoints that isn't connecting:

trace.log

Status log.pdf

• ESET Staff
21 minutes ago, ScottWStewart said:

Thank you for your help Marcos. Hopefully this issue can be resolved easily. 

Here are the logs from one of the endpoints that isn't connecting:

trace.log

Status log.pdf

But actually this device is currently connecting, or more precise, it started connecting few minutes before you captured logs.

Not sure what problems were when you first reported this issue, but trace.log covers only last 10 days, where connections were failing with error:

Unable to resolve any endpoints.resolve

which means that AGENT was not able to resolve hostname of your ERA/ESMC server. Was it properly stored on DNS server previously? It seems that AGENT started to successfully resolve hostname around 2018-12-27 20:11:58 (UTC), but at that time, connection was not possible as it was either blocked by firewall or ERA/ESMC was not accessible. This changed around 2018-12-27 20:16:14 (UTC) when this client connected for the first time.