Eset passwordmanager don't work with Firefox 62

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ESET password manager is too often out of order.
Not shortly one day or two, but for a very long time.
No news from ESET in the last 2 months this time. It is completely unacceptable.

One should be aware that it is not a free product, but a PM we are paying for - but unfortunately don't know when it works.

ESET is a security company, but unable to solve even a minor problem - because they don't write and correct code themselves, but rely on other companies and programmers.
They simply don't know what the code contains - and that is very, very thoughtful.
In addition, it's just a copy of Sticky PM, which works as it should - even in Firefox.

I have eternal license for Sticky PM (as security when ESET PM does not work) so it's free to use. Opposite ESET PM (a simple copy of Sticky PM) that costs money every single year.

What we are experiencing at the moment is completely indecent.

EDIT; nevermind, It's another product's feature....

If I may.... where is that Password Mannager and from what product is it? I have Eset Internet Security and have never seen a built in Password Manager from Eset nor can I find it in the settings anywhere. Thanks.

Edited by MasterTB

6 minutes ago, MasterTB said:

If I may.... where is that Password Mannager and from what product is it? I have Eset Internet Security and have never seen a built in Password Manager from Eset nor can I find it in the settings anywhere. Thanks.

ESET Smart Security Premium :-)

• 1 month later...

Last September (4 months ago), PM stopped working in Firefox, just like the year before.
Nothing has happened since - neither a status nor a solution.

I therefore assume that, as a subscriber to ESET Smart Security Premium, I will be reimbursed the extra cost I have had in relation to the cheaper ESET Internet Security version that does not contain PM, or at least gets my subscription extended for free.

The question is how long ESET can continue to sell software they don't know the content of!

Happy New Year!

René

I am verry unhappy to use a workaround for my passwords.
It was really easy until ESET didn't reacted with an update for this issue.

Please bring back the browser extension or i have to change my subscription after the period to the standard version of ESET.

Imo a working, secure Password Manager is a "Must-Have" and after working with it and feeding it with my data, a not more supported PM countering with lowering my trust to ESET. Even some of our customers are not happy to workaround this issue.

Please provide a patch for Firefox 64.0, Universal Architecture

The most annoying part is, that ESET (as René already said) dont react or communicate with their customers wich is a low-trust factor for me.

Best wishes
Dennis Heinrich

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

I'm sorry for the delay in this case,not pleased with that as well 😞 

The latest news are that we should have a new plugin for our QA to test soon so we hope it will pass so we can release if for the customers.

Regards, Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello @Nassim Mezlini and @RenéM,

we have build 1.0.0.153 of the ESET Password Manager ready, which supports the current Firefox version.

Currently it is available for the pre-release users and should be available for general public in the following days.

So in case you would like to get it right now, please switch your update type to pre-release.

Regards, Peter