Auto Renew - Can't turn off

steveshank

I recently renewed nod32 for a client. It turned on autorenew by default. I don't want it on. It is not showing up in my account with about 40 other licenses. How do I get it off?

Another client recently purchased nod32. Auto renew is on. She wants it off. She didn't create an account. How does she get auto renew off?

It should not be so difficult to stop you from taking money from us when we don't want you to. It feels unethical. There should be a button to cancel auto renew in the program or a right click or something simple. At least you should have made it opt in. Turning it on by default and not making a clear simple way to turn it off is very bad.

• ESET Staff

Hello @stevehank,

Can you please elaborate/explain a little further?
I think I know what you are talking about, but I want to confirm first.

What you mean with "autorenew"? Please if can provide us with an screenshot.
What region of the globe you are?

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez
deleted white spaces

I agree with chelseaboy. The fact that you are on the Eset staff and do not know what auto renew is, is illuminating. The suggestion you give that I should give you a screen shot of what does not exist (a way to turn off auto renew) is also illuminating.

I submitted a support ticket and was told they turned it off for me on the account I renewed.

The other client who recently purchased the product, is still stuck.  I replied back to the  tech support person asking exactly what information needed to be on a support ticket to turn off auto renew. I will then submit another support ticket for the client who recently purchased the product.  Will post the answer here so people know what to put into support tickets to turn off auto renew.

I've got over 100 clients in nod32, but will be switching to some company that doesn't require a phone call or tech support ticket to hopefully stop them from continuing to charge a credit card if the client dies or switches products.

Sadly, this is not always true. I have 30 or 40 there and have turned off those autorenews, but just ran into 2 instances in the last month where it didn't function:

1. I renewed a client's license from their computer, but this renewal didn't get posted to my account. so I couldn't turn off auto-renew.

2. An elderly client purchased the product on my recommendation and doesn't have any idea what if anything her "other sales purchasing" account might be. I'm thinking she did something like a guest account purchase.

Last week I requested explicit instructions for how to turn it off when you don't have it posted to an account. I have not heard back.

What I want - short of Eset fixing what I consider unethical practices, is something that says,

Send this information to this email address and we will take care of it and let you know it is done. It will be reflected in your program.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, chelseaboy said:

why dose this only apply to USA and Canada, what about customers in the UK?

Please contact ESET UK. I have no clue if they sell subscriptions at all. I assume it's specific to the US and Canada.

2 hours ago, chelseaboy said:

why dose this only apply to USA and Canada, what about customers in the UK?

(link from Marcos).

I believe that the point of the subscription service is to offer an ongoing service.

Most people don't just buy anti-virus for one year and then stop using it so it is automatically started.

However, all you need to do is contact ESET UK Support and they will cancel auto-renew for you, they did it for me in about 5-10 minutes.

Can you buy the product in a local store? Here in Texas I wait until my local Fry's Electronics has a sale on Eset. For the last 3 years I have purchased a 3 computer 1 year license for $19.99. This way Eset does not have my credit card info and I do not have to jump through hoops to get auto renewal turned off. Just a suggestion.

However, all you need to do is contact ESET UK Support and they will cancel auto-renew for you,

Exactly what information do they need? Is it the same in USA? I managed to find a phone number in North America and will collect the necessary information from the very old rather senile lady and call for her, but want to make sure I have all the necessary information before I call.