Eset AV 7 vs Eset AV 2014 - is there a difference?

ICS

I see some of my computer hardware distributors have 2014 on sale and I don't recall if they ever have AV 7 (or 6 or 5) for sale.  Is there any significant difference in the software, engines, features, interface, definitions, etc?

Thanks

They who ever sells it should call it V7 instead of 2014 to avoid confusing customers like this IMO

And I hope the next version will be called V8 and not ESET 2015 or similar, other vendors can continue to use the yearly thing if they want, i'm not a fan of that myself  :)

Edited by SweX

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

It is just a change for marketing purposes. I do believe the base version number is printed in smaller type somewhere on the packaging.

As always, licenses for ESET's software are not tied to a particular version of a product. In other words, if you are on Version 7, have a license that's valid for 10 months, and Version 8 comes out tomorrow, you can upgrade for free by downloading the new installer from ESET's web site.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• ESET Insiders

They who ever sells it should call it V7 instead of 2014 to avoid confusing customers like this IMO

And I hope the next version will be called V8 and not ESET 2015 or similar, other vendors can continue to use the yearly thing if they want, i'm not a fan of that myself  :)

Neither am I! I hope Eset never goes to calling their product by the year 2014, 2015, etc.. It's just a sales tactic.

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

It is just a change for marketing purposes. I do believe the base version number is printed in smaller type somewhere on the packaging.

As always, licenses for ESET's software are not tied to a particular version of a product. In other words, if you are on Version 7, have a license that's valid for 10 months, and Version 8 comes out tomorrow, you can upgrade for free by downloading the new installer from ESET's web site.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

This is very good policy, and all AV vendors should be like this if they really care about their customers!

Edited by cutting_edgetech