Moving ERA/Server to New VM

Hi,

I am in the process of migrating ESET to a new Windows VM and am having a hard time doing this.  We have a bunch of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 on our client computers with some ESET Endpoint clients.  I am running ERA 5.0.511.0 on the new server.  Is there an easy way to migrate the clients to the new VM? 

Thank you.

I believe so.  I have edited the policy for Windows Product Line v3 and v4 and Windows Desktop v5.  The odd thing is that when I use the new server for updating, it fails. 

• Administrators

Reporting to ERA Server and updating from a mirror are different things. If the clients report to the new ERA server, you can create / edit the policy which will point them to the correct update server, too.

Oh, I didn't know that... 

I wanted to have both the ERA server and update server to be the same (the new VM).  However, none of the clients are being shown in the new VM ERA.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Is there a specific procedure to achieve this?

Thank you.

I am now able to update my virus signatures from the new VM (changed it manually).  Is there a way to push out the changes to all of the clients?

Also, the clients are still not showing up on the new VM even after changing the Remote Administration setting on my client ESET manually...  Can someone please help?

Update:

I was able to push out the changes by using New Task -> Configuration Task and the clients are now showing on ERA by allowing ports on the firewall.

My last problem is that one of my clients (version 5.0.2126) now has the Protection Status Text of "Error downloading the update".  I looked at the configuration and it's pointing to the new server.  Version 5.0.2214 and version 4.2.xx are all updating fine. 

Could someone please help me in resolving this issue?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition was re-branded as ESET Endpoint Antivirus about a year and a half ago and contains both improvements and new features over the old ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition product.  Upgrading to the new program is free.  You might want to check with support toll free at +1 (866) 343-3738 to go over any specific prerequisites for your environment.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Another question I have is:

Should I be upgrading the clients from ESET NOD32 Business Edition to ESET Endpoint?

Thank you, Aryeh.

Can you also please help me with the issue I'm having? 

"My last problem is that one of my clients (version 5.0.2126) now has the Protection Status Text of "Error downloading the update".  I looked at the configuration and it's pointing to the new server.  Version 5.0.2214 and version 4.2.xx are all updating fine."

Hi Peter,

This morning, that client does not have that message anymore.  It's just blank.  I guess it's okay now. 

One last question...  What is the best way to upgrade ESET NOD32 to ESET Endpoint without physically going to each computer.  Is there such a way?

I'm sorry.  I also have another question...

On the top portion of the ERA Console under Virus Signature DB State, I have a red cell with the text "Some Old".  Can someone please explain what this means exactly and how I can resolve the issue?

Thank you.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

1. sice version 4.2 there is an option Upgrade Windows client, which can be used to achieve this.

2. Some old means old (I do not know the exact threshold ), you can solve the issue by updating the client.

3. Do you mean some update settings left on the endpoints after upgrade?