updated to 11.1.42.0 and settings password no longer recognised

Phil_S

Eset AV has just updated to version 11.1.42.0 - Following a reboot it is prompting me to enable LiveGrid but won't accept my settings password. It tells me that my password is wrong, so I can't accept the prompt or enter any of the AV settings to change anything :(

3 minutes ago, persian-boy said:

I also found the same problem but there is an easy fix for this issue just press Alt+Shift and reenter your password.

If I hold down Alt+Shift the password box doesn't accept typed characters. Tried Alt+Shift and release before typing password, also first typing password, then holding down Alt+Shift whilst clicking Enter in the dialogue box. Both methods still tell me that my password is incorrect.

I've found the Eset unlock utility via product help and am going to try that.

After reading all these password issues, I just removed mine since I haven't received the update. Hopefully, this will alleviate this issue when updating does occur. 

Apparently an update should now be available to fix this. Bit late for me, as I took Marcos' advice to uninstall and re-install EAV, rebooted into a BSOD and ended up re-imaging the whole system partition from a backup :angry:

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Phil_S said:

Apparently an update should now be available to fix this. Bit late for me, as I took Marcos' advice to uninstall and re-install EAV, rebooted into a BSOD and ended up re-imaging the whole system partition from a backup :angry:

If the uninstall completes alright, it's highly unlikely that any further BSOD or issues could be caused by ESET. Anyways, we are willing to check dumps to 100% confirm that it's unrelated.

the same problem, it is updating modules for ever and get the same  as others, it will not go so far as asking for password it does nothing

13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If the uninstall completes alright, it's highly unlikely that any further BSOD or issues could be caused by ESET. Anyways, we are willing to check dumps to 100% confirm that it's unrelated.

I have nothing to check one way or another Marcos, as I've copied over the entire system from a backup. All I did though was uninstall EAV, which appeared to finish successfully, and reboot into the BSOD. The screen said that a system component was missing or unavailable, and googling 0xc0000225 seems to suggest registry corruption.