Module Updates

ScottWStewart

• ESET Staff

@ScottWStewart

Are you talking about a client task, or a scheduler entry? Is our product communicating a particular problem (like “installation out of date, no regular update configured”), or? 

For the second, I will either create a new policy with just scheduler set, or simply copy the default entry from the product (afaik, out of the box our client is set to attempt to update every hour).

I found the Client Task Details: Modules Update - Summary

Does this one keep the virus definitions and modules updated? 

I noticed that j-gray's Client Task Details: Module Update description for targets reads: Computers with outdated virus signature definition and mine says: Computers with outdated modules.

DefaultModuleUpdates.jpg.1c30847c0dfee974e7a9555440ebcb33.jpg

I appreciate you guys help on this. I'm starting to learn more everyday about this application. Mostly through trial and error.
Edited by ScottWStewart
Add more detail to my inquiry

Will be interesting to hear from ESET on this. I do not have a 'Computers with outdated modules' dynamic group in my ERA console, though I am running the latest version.

• ESET Staff
4 hours ago, ScottWStewart said:

Does this one keep the virus definitions and modules updated?

Each product (security products, ERA components) are updating modules (including virus definitions) automatically. This task is supposed to be used in special case, where forcing of update is required - for example if change of network is detected or clearing cache is required.

Regarding different name: it is just difference in version of initial ERA installation. If I recall correctly, name has been changed before ERA 6.5 release, so those that installed older ERA version will have this takes named differently. There is no difference in functionality itself. In last year, terminology "virus database" has been replaced with various alternatives in all ESET products.