Eset Internet Security 11.0.159.5 not doing update

Updated my Eset Internet Security from 10 to 11.0.159.0 it says you are now protected on the update screen with 2 green check marks , It shows the current installed version 11.0.159.5 but under the next section Last Update and last check for update it says update has not been run yet and update has not been checked yet. I hit the update icon and the icon in the tray spins once and stops...nothing else. I went and cleared the cache under update in the advanced section and still the same. Rebooted and still the same...Please come direction here ...Thannks

yes that is the one installed...I also do not have .nup file under the updfiles folder in ProgramData...I am wide open for viruses since the profile is not dl to my pc. Is there a way to manually dl the virus definitions?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Bigboy7272 said:

yes that is the one installed...

If you have the latest version of the Detection engine installed, your ESET updates alright.

• ESET Insiders
1 hour ago, Bigboy7272 said:

Updated my Eset Internet Security from 10 to 11.0.159.0 it says you are now protected on the update screen with 2 green check marks , It shows the current installed version 11.0.159.5 but under the next section Last Update and last check for update it says update has not been run yet and update has not been checked yet. I hit the update icon and the icon in the tray spins once and stops...nothing else. I went and cleared the cache under update in the advanced section and still the same. Rebooted and still the same...Please come direction here ...Thannks

Your updated, just wait the next update and the "update has not been run yet" will be replaced with date and time for last check and last update

It happen because you had the last update already before upgrading

Edited by BALTAGY

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, Marcos said:

If you have the latest version of the Detection engine installed, your ESET updates alright.

4 hours ago, BALTAGY said:

Your updated, just wait the next update and the "update has not been run yet" will be replaced with date and time for last check and last update

It happen because you had the last update already before upgrading

Would it not be better to word this differently @Marcos. I have seen a few people confused thinking this means the update isnt working not realising it simply means they already have the latest version. Something like latest version already installed or simply having it class the update as complete rather than stating no update has been done

If finally updated this morning and now shows when it was last checked..I guess the new version 11 does not show the virus signature number anymore....all seems good ..thank you for you input...I have my setting set so that it is supposed to check for new signatures every 15 minutes....Thank you all again

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bigboy7272 said:

I have my setting set so that it is supposed to check for new signatures every 15 minutes....

The minimum interval for cheching for updates is 60 minutes so it's perfectly ok to keep default update settings.