Internet browsing lag

Super_Spartan

I've been recently noticing a bit of a lag when accessing websites, I know the HTTP Scanner has to do its thing but like Gmail isn't even loading, it would hang on loading page for ages. I thought it's just a Gmail glitch at first. Today I tried accessing Gmail, and it just got stuck at loading Gmail....

I then disabled NOD32 and the page loaded instantly.

What gives?

• Most Valued Members

Not experiencing anything similar here , got any browser plugins that could be causing the issue ? Ones that might not be happy running alongside your ESET product ? That would be my first port of call.

1 hour ago, cyberhash said:

got any browser plugins that could be causing the issue ?

I second this. I just accessed Gmail web page in IE11 and it loaded instantly.

• Administrators

I'd suggest generating the following logs if you can reproduce the issue:

- enable advanced protocol filtering logging in the advanced setup
- start logging with Wireshark
- start logging with Procmon
- reproduce the issue
- disable logging and save logs (make sure to include "protoscan_on" in the Wireshark and Procmon log file names)
- collect logs with ELC
- disable protocol filtering
- make sure the issue doesn't occur
- disable logging and save logs (make sure to include "protoscan_off" in the Wireshark and Procmon log file names)
- re-enable protocol filtering
- upload the Wireshark, Procmon and ELC logs to a safe location and drop me a personal message with download links.

Also try running Chrome without extensions by using the --disable-extensions parameter when launching it to see if it makes a difference.

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

I'd suggest generating the following logs if you can reproduce the issue:

- enable advanced protocol filtering logging in the advanced setup
- reproduce the issue
- disable logging and save logs (make sure to include "protoscan_on" in the Wireshark and Procmon log file names)
- collect logs with ELC
- disable protocol filtering
- make sure the issue doesn't occur
- disable logging and save logs (make sure to include "protoscan_off" in the Wireshark and Procmon log file names)
- re-enable protocol filtering
- upload the Wireshark, Procmon and ELC logs to a safe location and drop me a personal message with download links.

Also try running Chrome without extensions by using the --disable-extensions parameter when launching it to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the detailed suggestion Marcos.

What I just remembered is that I recently installed the Killer Performance Suite which is supposed to control bandwidth per app to prioritize certain apps. I just uninstalled that and will report back if I face the issue again, then I'll do those things you mentioned to troubleshoot.

I have Adblock Plus with the following filters as well so I might disable that if I run into the issue as well before running those steps. These are my filters:

filters.png.91cbcfc1924eed6b250095134b108e1c.png

Phoenix

While the KillerNic hardware/software/firmware sound really good on paper and in some scenarios work well, I have found over the years that the tradeoff of bugs within the software and firmware outweighed the usefulness of the system as a whole. I found that ESET Nod 32 and KillerNIC seem to have unique issues when paired together and when I purchased an Intel Pro NIC card (my KillerNic was embedded on the mobo) and disabled the KillerNIC, I stopped having issues.

It has been awhile since I have used the two in unison and by the sounds of your issue(s) it appears that the problems still exist, to varying degrees obviously. I believe I was on the E2200 if memory serves me correctly.

Regards,

Tom