Upgrade to ESET Smart Security Premium v11?

I always like to check in with the forum before doing the major upgrades. I'm using ESET Smart Security Premium v10 and not seeing any issues. I think it's wise to upgrade to the latest but not if there are kinks to be worked out yet. What are the thoughts about moving to v11?  Do it or wait a while?

Thanks!

I use EIS 11.0.159.0 and have no regrets upgrading from v10. EIS is only slightly different that ESSP. Of course you can review the posts in this section of the forum to see what other users are saying.

I would  upgrade to v11 now as the latest version is always more advanced.

Should you run into anything you could always go back. See https://support.eset.com/kb2885/

Edited by TomFace

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in again that more time has past. There are three of use about to update but I'm the "guinea pig" that goes first.

1. have any issues coming up with the latest version of ESET Smart Security Premium to cause me to hold off?
  2. I assume a complete removal and reinstall is still the best option when upgrading to a new version?
    1. If so what is the process to export the config file from v10 that I can then import to v11?

Thank you!

• ESET Moderators
1 hour ago, SBMongoos said:

Just checking in again that more time has past. There are three of use about to update but I'm the "guinea pig" that goes first.

1. have any issues coming up with the latest version of ESET Smart Security Premium to cause me to hold off?
  2. I assume a complete removal and reinstall is still the best option when upgrading to a new version?
    1. If so what is the process to export the config file from v10 that I can then import to v11?

Thank you!

The steps in the KB article (lmkbtfy) should walk you through exporting the config and importing the config: Import or export ESET configuration settings using an .xml file

I realize the KB shows the latest version but the steps are the same. If you think it would be useful to show the export from v10 and import to v11 in the KB, let me know and I can see about updating the content to show that. 

• Administrators

Installing any newer version of an older one is a supported and tested scenario. If you want to keep settings, just install v11 over v10, or use the built-in product upgrade feature in the Update panel.

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Installing any newer version of an older one is a supported and tested scenario. If you want to keep settings, just install v11 over v10, or use the built-in product upgrade feature in the Update panel.

Okay, so it sounds like it's very safe to just run the "upgrade" process within v10. In the past this didn't seem the case. Also, it's recommended to move forward with v11? Just want to avoid issues. Thanks!