After UNASSIGN Client(s) in Policies

HienKieu

Hi there,

I'm having a problem like the following:

- Firstly, I create New policy on ERA Webconsole -> SETTINGS <ESET Endpoint for Windows> -->  DISABLE Real-time file system (for example). Then Assign to any Client(s).

The client will be assigned and GUI Endpoint show that this feature is DISABLE and just View --> Okay!

- Secondly, I want to test by Unassign this policy on the client mentioned above.. and after policy unassigned completely, the client still DISABLE Feature Real-time file system....

Capture.JPG.059b11fc0c862fc0dc62879831d48cd3.JPG

I wonder that, so how can it (feature Real-Time protection) return to the original automatically, after removing the policy?

Please let me know if you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

Unassigning a policy will not change the respective settings to their previous values on clients. The clients must receive a new policy that will re-enable automatic start of real-time protection.

Also I wonder what is your use  case for disabling this setting. Automatic start of real-time protection should be enabled.

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Unassigning a policy will not change the respective settings to their previous values on clients. The clients must receive a new policy that will re-enable automatic start of real-time protection.

Also I wonder what is your use  case for disabling this setting. Automatic start of real-time protection should be enabled.

Why is this true? I wonder, because I had many problems with clients changing policies. Later settings would mix in strange way.

13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I know, I am just an example of any change on Policy..

27 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

We will change this behavior to Endpoint 7, where values set by policy will return to the previously set value.

Thanks so much!