I am running Internet security 11.0.144.0.  I keep getting told by ESET that my system requires updates - some 25 in all.  I run Windows Update and it tell me that my system is up to date.  Most of these updates show as recommended and relate to Intel Chipset updates.  I run the Intel Driver and Support assistant.  It finds nothing that needs updating.  What is ESET seeing that nothing else seems to?  Am I missing something somewhere?

• Most Valued Members
17 minutes ago, chrisj said:

I am running Internet security 11.0.144.0.  I keep getting told by ESET that my system requires updates - some 25 in all.  I run Windows Update and it tell me that my system is up to date.  Most of these updates show as recommended and relate to Intel Chipset updates.  I run the Intel Driver and Support assistant.  It finds nothing that needs updating.  What is ESET seeing that nothing else seems to?  Am I missing something somewhere?

If you hit f5 and go to tools there is a bit for microsoft update - you can disable it or choose the importance of update. I had a few and the only way I could get them to go without changing the setting is to go into device manager and search each device for updates.

The current setting was "recommended updates".  I changed it to "important updates" and the list still showed 25 updates.  I have changed it again to "critical" and the list has gone away completely with no longer a message warning on the system tray icon.

It begs the question as to why Eset is seeing "important updates" required when running the systems check the shows zero and in any event I have Windows Update set to automatically check and install updates. I should add that as well as running the new version of Eset (11.0.144.0) I am also running Windows 10 64bit Fall Creators update version 1709.

• Administrators

The list of available updates is provided by Windows itself. We don't use any special mechanism for that than querying Windows to get this information.

• Most Valued Members
27 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The list of available updates is provided by Windows itself. We don't use any special mechanism for that than querying Windows to get this information.

Yeah I have a printer update that comes up all the time if set to anything but critical. The other updates I was able to sort by checking all the devices in device manager for updates but it found nothing for my printer. I wondered if it was because the printer is always connected now via network rather than USB and I belive the USB lead isn't standard and I appear to have lost it. I did clear all non plugged in devices with no luck.

I even downloaded the update found manually and installed it over the top with no luck. Maybe I will completley uninstall and reinstall at some point. For now I have just changed the update settings but I don't like to be beaten ha