Which Version of Smart Security do I Have?

I'm finding the need to uninstall and reinstall my Eset Smart Security, as the recent "feature update" to my Windows 10 Pro (Version 1703) has completely hosed my Eset. It can no longer update virus signatures (constantly states "server not found", even though it can check to see if I am running the latest version of Eset), it keeps asking me to created new firewall rules, even when the exact rule already exists, etc. I've reset the entire firewall portion of Smart Security back to factory settings, but nothing has changed. I figured it was time for a fresh start of it, SO...

I went to download the installation file for my Eset Smart Security, only to find out there are 2 different ones listed. Is the Premium version a completely new version? If I had premium, I'd assume it would state that in my currently installed software? Right now it just shows Smart Security at the top of the application, and in help and support, it states version 10.1.219.0. Need to know which one I have so that I can reinstall.

Thanks for any info!

Edited by FeMaster
Corrected wording

Yes ESS Premium (ESSP) is a relative new (6-8 moths ago if I recall correctly) animal. I believe once v11 is released, there will be (for Windows) ESSP (premium) and EIS (ESET Internet Security) which will replace ESS (of course NOD32 will still be available). I assume ESET will migrate ESS users to EIS.

(Disclaimer : I am just a user and I am NOT an ESET employee) 

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

You can download and install ESET Internet Security v10 if you don't need Anti-Theft. As of v11, Anti-Theft will be included in EIS as well.

18 hours ago, Marcos said:

You can download and install ESET Internet Security v10 if you don't need Anti-Theft. As of v11, Anti-Theft will be included in EIS as well.

So my same activation of Smart Security will work with Internet Security 10? Just want to make sure if it comes down to needing to do a reinstall.

On a side note, I have yet to uninstall my Smart Security, not that I didn't try. When I went to uninstall it, it never gave me the option of uninstall, It automatically started a repair of my Smart Security installation without even prompting me. Is this normal behavior?

In any case, since the repair ran, I have been getting the virus database updates again, and after restoring all the firewall settings to default again, that seems to be operating normally as well. I guess time will tell...

1 hour ago, FeMaster said:

So my same activation of Smart Security will work with Internet Security 10? Just want to make sure if it comes down to needing to do a reinstall.

On a side note, I have yet to uninstall my Smart Security, not that I didn't try. When I went to uninstall it, it never gave me the option of uninstall, It automatically started a repair of my Smart Security installation without even prompting me. Is this normal behavior?

In any case, since the repair ran, I have been getting the virus database updates again, and after restoring all the firewall settings to default again, that seems to be operating normally as well. I guess time will tell...

Yea it should work, even in Malaysia we have instructed the clients that uses smart security to use ESET Internet Security. Im afraid the issues that you are facing in the win 10 built 1703 is because of compatibility issues (Maybe). 

But if you said that after what you did everything seems to operate normally, then, let it be and see the outcome later on. 

Edited by khairulaizat92

On 10/9/2017 at 11:38 PM, Marcos said:

I appreciate that information Marcos.

I installed Internet Security over Smart Security and all was well. Picked up my settings and license information.

All I had to do was reboot after installation.

One more computer to go.:)