notification for new version

• 1 month later...
  • Most Valued Members

Hi @pygocentrus,

In the past ESET have said that they usually give it some time before they notify users about new versions in-product. I'm unsure about how long or when they do decide to notify you, but they have done this before so they can be 100% certain that the release is completely stable before releasing the update to absolutely everyone in Cyber Security.

As long as you have an active license and your update settings are either Default or set up correctly, you should eventually receive an in-product update. Otherwise, you can continue to check on the forum or on the ESET website for new versions if you like to have the newest versions released.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2017 at 8:50 PM, planet said:

Hi @pygocentrus,

In the past ESET have said that they usually give it some time before they notify users about new versions in-product. I'm unsure about how long or when they do decide to notify you, but they have done this before so they can be 100% certain that the release is completely stable before releasing the update to absolutely everyone in Cyber Security.

As long as you have an active license and your update settings are either Default or set up correctly, you should eventually receive an in-product update. Otherwise, you can continue to check on the forum or on the ESET website for new versions if you like to have the newest versions released.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:50 PM, planet said:

Hi @pygocentrus,

Hello: I had no notification about the new version released, and I have to go to Eset web to download it...I don,t like to do that every time......I hope Eset notifies me in App when a new version is released and automatically downloaded...

Regards!

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, jose luis said:

Hello: I had no notification about the new version released, and I have to go to Eset web to download it...I don,t like to do that every time......I hope Eset notifies me in App when a new version is released and automatically downloaded...

I recieved a notification about the new version of 6.5.600 released a few days ago in my ESET Cyber Security Pro... did you not recieve it?

• Most Valued Members
7 minutes ago, pygocentrus said:

no, I dont use the Pro version

ESET Cyber Security should have also notified you. Once you have installed version 6.5.600, let's see how the next release/update goes. I have switched to Cyber Security instead of Pro as well.

This is an obvious question, but your license is valid and you are recieving module updates successfully from ESET, yes?

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, pygocentrus said:

no, I dont use the Pro version

3 hours ago, jose luis said:

Ok,in the next update I´ll be more patient

Regards!

The reason you probably didn't receive a notification is Eset rolls the updates out slowly, in a kind of staggered approach. I've seen a lot of programs do this, including Malwarebytes. It can avoid network issues with everyone downloading at once but I think it's also designed as a safety feature. While a lot of these updates go through internal testings and sometimes consumer beta's often bugs get discovered after once released. These bugs may be software conflicts that they didn't see - while they can try and test for everything, sometimes unique scenarios will only be discovered by users e.g. a set of programs together cause an issue. That way rolling it out slowly means if there is a bug less people will be affected. 

If you want to stay up to date with Eset and know when new versions are released Eset has a newsletter which sends alerts to users via email when new versions are released. That way even if the program doesn't find an update you can download manually https://support.eset.com/kb6241/

On 2017-12-23 at 8:21 PM, planet said:

ESET Cyber Security should have also notified you. Once you have installed version 6.5.600, let's see how the next release/update goes. I have switched to Cyber Security instead of Pro as well.

This is an obvious question, but your license is valid and you are recieving module updates successfully from ESET, yes?

my licence is valid until june 2019 and yes i received update succesfully

• Most Valued Members
17 hours ago, pygocentrus said:

still no notification for 6.5.600 version released december 21.....

As mentioned they might be delayed for a while. If you want the latest version you can update manually

On 2018-01-04 at 7:46 AM, peteyt said:

As mentioned they might be delayed for a while. If you want the latest version you can update manually

delayed....... dont like this, we have to be inform immediately after release

and i subscribed to newsletter, dont receive anything too, maybe it takes several weeks.... but it should not too

Edited by pygocentrus

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, pygocentrus said:

and i subscribed to newsletter, dont receive anything too, maybe it takes several weeks.... but it should not too

There was a newsletter posted on the 22nd December about version 6.5.600 being released. You haven't received anything yet because 6.5.600 is the latest version and you signed up for the newsletter after the 22nd December.

As I said previously, for now you should manually download and install version 6.5.600 from the ESET website, restart your Mac and I will be in touch as soon as the next public version is released to see if you received the new version as well.

For your convenience, I have provided you Download buttons below. Simply click on the version you have.

Download ESET Cyber Security  Download ESET Cyber Security Pro

I activated my subscription december 24 so i missed this one.    More than two weeks now for this release and still no notification.

In fact, normally Cybersecurity notify me and I just have to accept the update.     And this is what it didnt do for a while, it is not normal for me and i dont accept your explanation. So thanks for the link but i know how to find them because of that.

Cybersecurity must have a button to check manually product update, NOD32 have it.  If it have one, I didnt find it in Cybersecurity.

Edited by pygocentrus

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, pygocentrus said:

I activated my subscription december 24 so i missed this one.    More than two weeks now for this release and still no notification.

In fact, normally Cybersecurity notify me and I just have to accept the update.     And this is what it didnt do for a while, it is not normal for me and i dont accept your explanation. So thanks for the link but i know how to find them because of that.

Cybersecurity must have a button to check manually product update, NOD32 have it.  If it have one, I didnt find it in Cybersecurity.

The general update checks for product updates as well as defenitions but eset slowly roll out versions. As i mentioned i think this could be partly to avoid everyone installing at once then a big bug is discovered. You can always manually update by downloading the latest version yourself

• 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, jose luis said:

Today I,ve see the new version (6.5.600.2) in this forum, but......my Eset Cibersecurity says "there is no updates"....the same problem again and again 

Its not an issue it can take a long time for it to update via product so just update manually

On 2018-01-25 at 6:32 PM, peteyt said:

Its not an issue it can take a long time for it to update via product so just update manually

In my opinion, IT IS an issue

Still, dont have notification for this one too (6.5.600.3)

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, pygocentrus said:

In my opinion, IT IS an issue

Still, dont have notification for this one too (6.5.600.3)

You can suggest this in the suggestion area. Im not sure how long it should take to appear.

• Administrators

The latest version of ECS is 6.5.600.0. If you have this one or newer installed, you have the most current one. 6.5.600.3 is 6.5.600.0 with the latest modules included. If you don't upgrade manually, you should already have the latest modules installed so you won't gain any benefits by installing the latest install package.

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, pygocentrus said:

Where is the suggestion area ?

Its on here https://forum.eset.com/topic/2286-issues-ideas-feedback-for-eset-cyber-security-eset-cyber-security-pro/

You could also open a support ticket as mods often miss stuff on here