bit defender 60 second scan

Chris good day.

Just an fyi. Hitman pro, and emsisoft kit use the bit defender definitions.

All 3 are great on demand scanners & should cause no issues with eset.

Hey my friend :-))

The rule of thumb is, as you say, to only have one real time protection running.It will definitely minimize the probability for incompatibility issues. I have seen systems ,there had more than one real time system running, ..freeze, because both real time systems, were trying to catch the same  malware.( The end result was that the malware actually slipped through) You can of course, exclude the different real time scanners from each other, but my personal opinion is, that it is best to only have one Av solution running, and instead  have some good on demand scanners , (on a usb maybe) in your sleeve.

Regards, Janus

Shouldn't I disable bitdefender realtime scanning?I believe I should have only eset enabled in realtime.Thanks

Hey Chris!

Yes correct, though I didn't know that the "BD 60 sec scan app" had anything in terms of realtime functions in it. I thought it was an on-demand scan app only. :)

Shouldn't I disable bitdefender realtime scanning?I believe I should have only eset enabled in realtime.Thanks

Hey Chris!

Yes correct, though I didn't know that the "BD 60 sec scan app" had anything in terms of realtime functions in it. I thought it was an on-demand scan app only. :)

Correct, however it remains installed, and actively running, so i think it may have a few things it actively watches.

Hey Chris!

Correct, however it remains installed, and actively running, so i think it may have a few things it actively watches.

I see, I have never used it myself, so that's indeed good to know for those that do use it.  ;)

Thank you Janus,SweX,and Arakasi for your input.After doing some research I feel better without using bitdefender 60 second scan.If I'm correct it does have realtime scan.Thanks you all very much.

Hey Chrlshlmn

Tried out "bitdefender 60 second scan" , with a couple of Trojans. It made me wonder. Did you know that "bitdefender 60 second scan" only offer detections of threats, (all is in the cloud) but do not offer any help to remove infections. It detects only, and then offer a link to one of its products, of course. I just write this in case that you were not aware of this....

Regards, Janus :-))

post-65-0-36722200-1384270418_thumb.png

post-65-0-69405000-1384270428_thumb.png