ESET Cloud Administrator?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I can you you have a source of intelligence :-)

The product (or service better said) is under development, once we feel confident about the quality (needs to be ready for production environment) we will start an Early access program in one small and nice country, where ESET HQ is located.

If everything goes well, it will become available in other countries gradually as we need to fine tune the environment and make sure it is really for higher load.

When it comes to exact time frames I may not comment on it, until the release actually happens or is very soon and thus confirmed.

Regards, P.R.

Even very vague and non-committed time-frames are useful.

I'm in the process of moving all our stuff here out to the Cloud, which makes sense for us as we are a charity and get the cloud stuff for free. However it looks like I'm going to need to maintain an onsite server and hybrid setup just so that ERA will run! Which is a lot of admin work to maintain for that one function.... equally I couldn't contemplate managing all our users remotely without ERA, so am in a tricky situation. No point using Azure for it, as that would just cost us dollars compared to hardware onsite we already paid for... and would still need the OS keeping up-to-date etc.  ERA as a service in the cloud would be what we need. A vague timeframe would allow us to make plans.

eg Are we talking: weeks, months or years away from being ready?

(for another charity I volunteer for, they jumped off ESET ERA last year because they had no server to run it on, and they'd probably jump back in a flash once Cloud is ready, but their renewal is coming up this month so they need to decide soon)

Hope you can give us some vague info without committing to anything. (I understand the ultimate answer will be "when it is ready for the production use!")

Thanks

Mike

• ESET Staff

Early access program is scheduled fo Q3 in early adoption markets and GA release for the rest of the world in Q4/2017, possibly Q1/2018.

Perfect! I fully understand those dates are best guess right now, but that is really useful guidelines which will help me plan! Thanks.

In terms of functionality, are we basically talking a cloud version of ERA? (eg similar functionally to local ERA install, but installed on ESET's servers as a cloud service)?

Are there are known feature gaps that come with this cloud version compared to current local install of ERA?

• ESET Staff

Hi Mike

as this product is not yet publicly available, we are not able to share all the details. First and foremost, ESET Cloud Administrator will be a brand new product (not a successor to ERA6) designed for  Small & Medium business customers, requesting simplistic & straight-forward operation without hassles. Despite the fact that it will be based on similar architecture and concepts known from ERA6. However some functionality was re-worked to support cloud hosting, some was omitted as is not valid for Small & Business Customers, and some added, in order to optimize user experience.

Major difference will be a Quick setup - there will be only few simple steps which needed to be done to make the solution up and running. After creating an ESET business account it will take just a few clicks to create a dedicated cloud console. With the help of live-installers  adding a computer will be a simple and streamlined activity.

All the usual stuff, typical for on-premise software such as initial configuration, setup, suitable hardware, and related maintenance will be taken care of automatically in the background by ESET.

Regarding the functionality, there will be a huge overlap with ERA6 functionality with focus on simplicity of use. 

We will share more details when the product will be publicly announced.

regards

vladimir

Awesome. That info is great. Sounds like the product we've been waiting for. Can't wait to test drive it!

Thanks for sharing!

Mike

Sounds perfect for me. I manage four customers, but ERA6 is installed on a single server....in my house! Purely since the customers had no hosting capability. This will allow me to ditch the server here and move to a hosted platform.

Hopefully we can help beta-test it later this year?

Jim

20 hours ago, VladimirVladimir said:

Hi Mike

as this product is not yet publicly available, we are not able to share all the details. First and foremost, ESET Cloud Administrator will be a brand new product (not a successor to ERA6) designed for  Small & Medium business customers, requesting simplistic & straight-forward operation without hassles. Despite the fact that it will be based on similar architecture and concepts known from ERA6. However some functionality was re-worked to support cloud hosting, some was omitted as is not valid for Small & Business Customers, and some added, in order to optimize user experience.

Major difference will be a Quick setup - there will be only few simple steps which needed to be done to make the solution up and running. After creating an ESET business account it will take just a few clicks to create a dedicated cloud console. With the help of live-installers  adding a computer will be a simple and streamlined activity.

All the usual stuff, typical for on-premise software such as initial configuration, setup, suitable hardware, and related maintenance will be taken care of automatically in the background by ESET.

Regarding the functionality, there will be a huge overlap with ERA6 functionality with focus on simplicity of use. 

We will share more details when the product will be publicly announced.

regards

vladimir

Will you make feature comparison available?