Jump to content

Bugs in Endpoint Security v6


Recommended Posts

1. The maximize window button doesn't change when window is maximized

oNyY2nh.png

2. When doing a scan, if you click to open it in separate window

k0J2nrN.png

it opens correctly as it should, but if you then try to close main eset window to keep visible only scanning window, it also closes that scanning window

Edited by kapela86
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

1, Why should the icon change? To me it works correctly.

2, It's worked like that since the beginning if I remember well. Not sure if this behavior can be changed, will ask developers about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ad 1.Because this in not a standard Windows behavior. This is standard Windows behavior:

VWlJJun.png

Ad 2. It worked ok in v5 but it seems it's bugged in v6

Edited by kapela86
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are another bugs

3. When eset detects virus in e-mail message, it then changes Subject and adds information about that virus. But right now it uses english words with localized virus name. I sent eicar test file and eset removed it and added to Subject "[virus Eicar plik testowy]". As you can see, word "virus" is english word, but "Eicar plik testowy" is polish for "Eicar test file"

4. When eset main window is displayed, if you click on eset icon in taskbar it doesn't minimize the window.

Edited by kapela86
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

3. It's expected as we don't support local encoding. Otherwise special Polish characters would not appear correctly, hence English text is used. Notifications to email are not added by default.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what you mean by "Notifications to email are not added by default" but let me show howan e-mail message that contained a virus shows in Outlook

NIlvGNS.png

Issues/bugs:

A. Subject uses english word "virus" and then polish "Eicar plik testowy" (this is what I mentioned in previous post).

B. An attachement that has polish name ("Attachement without name 00004" in english), and it says 131 bytes size, but if you save it to disk it becomes 2 bytes file with this in it:

6pZCIMX.png

C. Warning in polish, without polish characters.

 

So, how about fixing/unifying this? FYI, it's Outlook 2016 & Eset Endpoint Security 6.5.2107.1 and I didn't apply any specific polices to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

A, This cannot be fixed easily plus it's been so since NOD32 v2 at least. We don't support local encoding in tag messages and the text displayed uses strings with detection types that are globally used in the whole product which is why there can be a mix of English and localized strings in the detection name in notifications.

B, I don't understand what the issue is and how it's related to ESET.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ad A. I managed to "fix" it, even though it was displayed in policy editor as "[wirus %VIRUSNAME%]" it wasn't set to apply. What is weird is that local Eset showed "[virus %VIRUSNAME%]". I just forced this setting in policy and now it uses correct polish word. But still, it's a bug when polices show localized name but local client doesn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, kapela86 said:

Ad A. I managed to "fix" it, even though it was displayed in policy editor as "[wirus %VIRUSNAME%]" it wasn't set to apply. What is weird is that local Eset showed "[virus %VIRUSNAME%]". I just forced this setting in policy and now it uses correct polish word. But still, it's a bug when polices show localized name but local client doesn't.

Again, that's because we don't use localized tag messages that are appended to email and English text is used, hence "virus" which is an English word. What you did is you changed default text to custom which is possible but it wouldn't work correctly with special Polish characters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that, but what I'm trying to say is that ERA showed localized name when configuring policies, so I assumed ESET clients would also use localized name, but that was not the case. So this is bug in ERA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...