Browsing Applications not open after install ERA 6.5 Latest Build

Dear Team,

We have installed ESET Remote Administrator Server 6.5 in our many clients. Unfortunately many of them reporting us after install ERA 6.5 they are not able to open any browser & unable to received mails in outlook & also system getting very slow down or stuck. After uninstalling Endpoint from client machine in safe mode with the ESET safe mode removal tool it will working normally as before installing. Is there any reporting from anywhere or anyone can face this issue after installed ERA 6.5 & it's latest endpoint build in client machines?

• Administrators

Only HIPS can prevent clean applications from starting. With no custom rules defined, no clean applications should be blocked. Could you confirm or deny that disabling HIPS and restarting the computer makes a difference?

Also please gather logs with ESET Log Collector and drop me a pm with the output archive. If too large to attach, upload it to a safe location and pm me a download link. For instructions how to use ESET Log Collector, see the appropriate link in my signature.

I've the same issue. Use ESET Endpoint Security 6.5.2094 in Windows 7/10 (x86/x64).. If the filter mode of Personal Firewall be set 'Learning mode'. When the rules been created many rules, then all network connection will been blocked. Some application will hang even using Task Manager can't close it.

A simple solution.. Clear all firewall rules been created automatically or change filter mode to 'Automatic mode'.

This is not about ERA 6.5. Just only install EES 6.5.2094 (No install ERA Agent 6.5) still has this issue. 

Windows XP SP3 work well with EES 6.5.2094.

Edited by sdnian

The same thing happened to two clients running Windows 10 (x64) in my company, that i tested the new version. However era and agent update was fluent. 

The one was in Automatic Mode and the other was in Policy Based Mode. Turning the second in Automatic solved the issue however when added a new pc user account the same happened even it was already in automatic mode.

Disabling the HIPS didn't help

Had to turn off the firewall and restart. As a result i switched them both to the previous version.

• Administrators

Please provide us with a complete memory dump from the point when having too many firewall rules causes all network connections to be blocked.

For instructions how to configure Windows to generate memory dumps manually, read http://support.eset.com/kb380/.

Once a complete memory dump has been generated, compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me a download link.

Just our of curiosity, approximately how many rules have been created in learning mode automatically?

Unfortunately, since i switched to the previous version i cannot generate a new memory dump. The CrashDumpEnabled was enabled to record only the kernel memory and as result sending you the current dmp will not help you at all.

The rules that have been created automatically in learning mode are approximately 87.

I will test another client pc as soon as possible and i will inform you.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a learning error if we choose it during installation.

It only helps to select auto mode.

Edited by KokoBongo