Question on product deployment through ERA console

I just installed ERA 6.4 and am completely new to the product. I deploy the the ERA Agent through our software deployment tool. This works fine. Then I use the Software Installation Client Task for installing Endpoint Antivirus on the clients. This leads to the following behaviour:

The Endpoint Antivirus product is installed with the default settings. Right after the installation it shows warnings that the product is not activated and the signature is not up to date. The Settings are not protected. Some seconds later the Agent seems to step in, activate the product, apply the policies and so on.

Is this the intended behaviour? Is there a way that the policies are applied before the user has a chance to reach the product and manipulate the settings?

Thanks
TPok

• Administrators

It takes up to a minute for Endpoint to start communicating with the agent. As of ERA v6.5 that is going to be released very soon, you will be able to push an all-in-one Endpoint installer using ERA Deployment Tool. The AIO installer can be generated in ERA and can have the policy, static group as well as activation data already pre-configured.

This sounds nice. Will it also be possible to deploy the new All-in-One Installer silently with our own deployment solution or is this functionality limited to the ERA Deployment Tool?

• ESET Staff
9 hours ago, TPok said:

This sounds nice. Will it also be possible to deploy the new All-in-One Installer silently with our own deployment solution or is this functionality limited to the ERA Deployment Tool?

Have you tried this steps described in documentation for silent installation of all-in-one installer?

Hey, thank you. This is great. Somehow I thought I read in the documentation that the AIO-Installer does not support silent installation. I will give it a try and check back with the result.