Have you given up with Banking Protection ?

Using ESET Smart Security and Chrome 54.0.2840.87 

The Banking never works. It has worked less than it has worked all the time I have had ESET.

Pretty poor really.

It didn't work well for me with Chrome (wasn't opening automatically on the bank sites), now I even can't use it at all, because it doesn't support Opera... So popular browser isn't supported. Shame on you, ESET. The idea of Banking protection in ESET is good, I mean it works nice in theory (no fancy browsers like Avast Safe Zone or Bitdefender Safepay) but... It doesn't matter when it doesn't work as it should.

Banking and Payment Protection works for my bank when I use the shortcut placed on my PC desktop during Eset install and from the link in the Win 10 program list.

It does not work when I add my bank's URL at Setup>Security Tools. Then I get a blank page at my bank's logon screen.

B&PP does work with the PayPal URL added at Setup>Tools, so I presume there is something odd with my bank.

I've pinned the B&PP shortcut to my task bar and use that when I need to access my bank.

I'm using ESET v10 and my browser is Firefox 49

My experience with BB&P has been the same for previous versions of ESET and Firefox.

OPP works fine as log as you do what this Eset KB article recommends and set IE11 as your default browser: hxxp://support.eset.com/KB5657/?locale=en_EN&segment=home . In fact in this mode, it works fine with MS Edge although the article states Edge is not officially supported. OPP opens the default set browser in a protected session.

Firefox has been my default browser for quite a long while and I have no interest in going to IE of any vintage for the sake of BP&P.

Running the B&PP as outlined in my previous post does open Firefox in a protected session.

GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

For now, yes . It doesn't work in Chrome. I posted a comment  in this forum that it doesn't work properly and received no

answer from Eset.

Have you tried it since the update? (I do not use Chrome)

https://forum.eset.com/topic/10075-eset-smart-security-version-90408-in-product-upgrade-has-been-released/?p=52066

Edited by TomFace

GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

For now, yes . It doesn't work in Chrome. I posted a comment  in this forum that it doesn't work properly and received no

answer from Eset.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/10075-eset-smart-security-version-90408-in-product-upgrade-has-been-released/?p=52066

It's not available yet.

GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

TomFace, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:TomFace, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:GreyGhost, on 11 Nov 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

answer from Eset.

It's not available yet.

My misunderstanding. I thought by Fer's post it was available now.

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

answer from Eset.

It's not available yet.

V9.0.408 is indeed available. Check for product updates in the Update pane and upgrade to that latest version should be offered.

• Administrators

In the event of issues with Banking and payment protection, we need to know:

1, What operating system/platform you use. In case of Windows 10, also the build number is important.

2, What ESET product / version you use. We'd recommend trying to upgrade to the latest one available as the issue might have been fixed in the mean time.

3, What browser and its version / platform you use.

4, The version of the installed Banking and payment protection module. Try switching to pre-release update servers to confirm or deny that the issue persists with the very latest module.

5, The exact url that doesn't open automatically in a secure browser. Ideally provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce it on our end.

answer from Eset.

It's not available yet.

V9.0.408 is indeed available. Check for product updates in the Update pane and upgrade to that latest version should be offered.

I tried that . I get message " Installed version 10.0.369.0 is up to date." Running Smart Security, Windows 10 .

Edited by GreyGhost

answer from Eset.

I'm running version 10.  When will a working version be available for version 10 using program update?

Thanks.