Stuck on activating screen (v8 to v10)

Can't seem to cancel it to maybe add a different license if need be for ESSP. I just upgrade from v8 to v10 and the first thing it tried to do was activate but it just stays on that screen indefinitely. I can look at the advance setup options and stuff under 'more info' but that's all I can do and nothing more. Didn't have this issue I think during the insiders version.

post-2314-0-93999200-1477871803_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Does the problem also persist after a computer restart? Anyways, if you have a license for ESS, you won't be able to activate ESSP which is available for some additional fee as it contains additional tools, such as password manager and data encryption.

Does the problem also persist after a computer restart? Anyways, if you have a license for ESS, you won't be able to activate ESSP which is available for some additional fee as it contains additional tools, such as password manager and data encryption.

Yes, it persists after restart. I fixed it by uninstalling then reinstalling without upgrade path from v8 to v10. It should at least time out instead of being stuck in the activation screen if that were the case though (if license was invalid due to it being a different version).

Also, why does https://www.eset.com/us/home/smart-security/ direct to or rather show Internet Security instead?. I couldn't see the differences on the store page (comparing IS, ESS, and ESSP) unless I went to look for it in the support article, hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3753/.

• Administrators

It should at least time out instead of being stuck in the activation screen if that were the case though (if license was invalid due to it being a different version).

It normally times out, not sure what happened in your case.

Also, why does https://www.eset.com/us/home/smart-security/ direct to or rather show Internet Security instead?

I couldn't see the differences on the store page (comparing IS, ESS, and ESSP) unless I went to look for it in the support article, hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3753/.

ESS is not being promoted much since v10 as it was replaced by EIS and ESSP. However, it's still possible to download ESS as well as renewal ESS licenses.

• ESET Moderators

Yes, it persists after restart. I fixed it by uninstalling then reinstalling without upgrade path from v8 to v10. It should at least time out instead of being stuck in the activation screen if that were the case though (if license was invalid due to it being a different version).

Also, why does https://www.eset.com/us/home/smart-security/ direct to or rather show Internet Security instead?. I couldn't see the differences on the store page (comparing IS, ESS, and ESSP) unless I went to look for it in the support article, hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3753/.

Sorry Morisato, I've talked with our webdev about the ESS URL redirect and we're working to address that to be more clear what options current ESS users have. I'm glad you found kb3753, I wrote that just for you ;) I can't locate the same product feature matrix on eset.com/us but when I do, I'll make sure* it's available from the product pages as well (*I'll suggest it to webdev team).