what a bad 10 version

piroxicam

25 minutes ago, FleischmannTV said:

Be advised, even when "Detect shellcode injections" is unticked or the HIPS is switched off entirely, you have to set exclusions for "Detect shellcode injections", or otherwise the cguard32/cguard64.dll will be injected. 

That is the reason I only added ekrn.exe and egui.exe to the exclude list.  I did NOT untick the whole Detect shellcode injections.

25 minutes ago, FleischmannTV said:

Be advised, even when "Detect shellcode injections" is unticked or the HIPS is switched off entirely, you have to set exclusions for "Detect shellcode injections", or otherwise the cguard32/cguard64.dll will be injected. 

That is the reason I only added ekrn.exe and egui.exe to the exclude list.  I did NOT untick the whole Detect shellcode injections.

On 3/7/2017 at 9:01 AM, itman said:

Personally, I believe your going to have continuing issues and conflicts running Eset's HIPS and Comodo's Defense+ together. I would disable Defense+ as you did originally.  

itman,

I am curious as to what issues I should be looking for.  I have run Comodo Firewall and ESET NOD32 side by side for years with no issues that I know of.  This new problem only showed up because NOD32 changed it's service to be protected.  All other things are the same.  Comodo has had HIPS for several releases so that is not new.  Please let me know what I need to look out for.  Thanks in advanced.

2 hours ago, WNSmith said:

itman,

I am curious as to what issues I should be looking for.  I have run Comodo Firewall and ESET NOD32 side by side for years with no issues that I know of.  This new problem only showed up because NOD32 changed it's service to be protected.  All other things are the same.  Comodo has had HIPS for several releases so that is not new.  Please let me know what I need to look out for.  Thanks in advanced.

I don't know what OS ver. you are using. On Win 10, Eset loads its kernel driver early using ELAM. The new script protection uses AMSI. The new feature list goes on ...........

I see no issue using just the Comodo firewall. When Defense+ is added, the possibility for conflict increases significantly with Eset's ver. 10 HIPS. 

Edited by itman

Hello,

Damn, after a reboot due to windows update, Eset NOD32 10.0.390.0 doesn't load :( while Comodo FW's HIPS (v:10.0.0.6092) is disable!!!

hxxp://img1.imagilive.com/affiche/0317/HIPS382.PNG.htm

Don't understand, I'm lost !!!!  :huh:

Thanks for your help again

Edited by kipuije

kipuije,

When I was initially trying to solve this problem I found that disabling HIPS in Comodo did not help in getting the ESET service to start in protected mode.  The only way I could get it to load reliably was to either:

1)  Take the protection off the ESET service or

2)  Add the ESET service (ekrn.exe) and gui (egui.exe) into the exclude list in Comodo as I stated in a post before.

I don't know why disabling HIPS in Comodo does not work but make sure you do either of the above and you should be good to go.  My ESET came up after the updates yesterday fine.  This is just my experience.

BTW (in answer to itman's question ) I am under Windows 10 64bit Anniversary update.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2016 at 2:34 PM, piroxicam said:

I have to say, the v10 antivirus is total garbage.

I updated over v9 with no problems. After a restart, antivirus is gone. It doesn't start with Windows.

I tried to manually uninstall, then install again v10. Same problem.

I manually uninstalled for the second time and went back to v9.

Didn't you tested this before sending to the customers? What bad, bad, bad launch.

I t started an initial scan on mine after supposedly installed, and I went to bed and 9 hours later it was still scanning. doesn't start with windows either.How do I know that it is protecting my computer?

Edited by Mrzocor

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, Mrzocor said:

t started an initial scan on mine after supposedly installed, and I went to bed and 9 hours later it was still scanning. doesn't start with windows either.How do I know that it is protecting my computer?

What's the current status? Did the initial scan complete and is Eset starting at boot time?

9 hours ago, itman said:

What's the current status? Did the initial scan complete and is Eset starting at boot time?

I just cancelled it. I started a new one, and it seemed to finish at a reasonable time. As soon as I re started,  ESET started up at boot time, but it takes it a long time. A minute or two.