uninstall from ERAC task failed

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

Dear all!

I am testing my new agent uninstall task. No matter how i try i alwas get task failed messeage. But, the agent completly removed from the target machine, event log said: Windows Application log: Product: ESET Remote Administrator Agent -- Removal completed successfully. Sooo why is the error at the console??

Test environment: win7 x64 enterprise Tried with multiple computers, agent and client both installed with push install from erac, and works fine. I am using ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.4.266.0

I checked google, and this forum not found similar problem, if so please show me the right topic. 

Thank you.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

How you are uninstalling the agent?

If using "Software Uninstall" this task works in a way, that Agent connects MS API, and triggers silent removal of ERA agent, by OS itself (like if you have initiated the uninstall from "control panel / programs and features". If the agent is uninstalled, there is no way, that it will report "success", so the task status will switch to "failed" after some time (AFAIK, ERA server waits 24 hours to get confirmation, if it won´t come, it will time-out / fail).

So if you are expecting a "finished", you won´t ever get it, as client task status is reported by Agent, and there is no Agent, to report "finished" status. Basically the same is valid for "Stop Managing / Uninstall ERA agent task".

How you are uninstalling the agent?

If using "Software Uninstall" this task works in a way, that Agent connects MS API, and triggers silent removal of ERA agent, by OS itself (like if you have initiated the uninstall from "control panel / programs and features". If the agent is uninstalled, there is no way, that it will report "success", so the task status will switch to "failed" after some time (AFAIK, ERA server waits 24 hours to get confirmation, if it won´t come, it will time-out / fail).

So if you are expecting a "finished", you won´t ever get it, as client task status is reported by Agent, and there is no Agent, to report "finished" status. Basically the same is valid for "Stop Managing / Uninstall ERA agent task".

I am unistalling from erac, using "Stop Managing (Uninstall ERA Agent). I see, i understand, thank you for your information. 

Maybee in future development this could be somehow fixed, because at first i though the task was not successfull at all, the messeage is confusing.