Tracking Cookies

Nope.

However, you can set your browser to clear the cookies on exit if you wish, or block third-party cookies completely, but this may cause some websites to not function properly. Or you can use CCleaner or a similar program to do the job.

You may also consider using HitmanPro which can clear just the tracking cookies while leaving the "normal" cookies intact, it's free, portable, and can also be used as an on-demand scanner if you ever wanted a second opinion.

Thank you very much.Will super anti spyware be good for this also? :)as an on demand scanner,hitman pro.Give me some good on demand scanners.Thank you very much.

Edited by chrlshlmn

I've never used Super AntiSpyware, so can comment on it. SpywareBlaster is a good option and will take care of tracking cookies among other things. Also, If you use AdBlock Plus, you can subscribe to EasyPrivacy list.

As for other good on-demand scanners, you can't go wrong with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, it's also free with an option to upgrade to Pro at a cost, just like HitmanPro but the free ones do a wonderful job at no cost.

SpywareBlaster doesn't need to remain running in the background to enable protection, and thus, should not conflict with ESS real-time protection (hopefully), and that also means that there will be no extra processes consuming your system resources.

You welcome. ;)

Hitman Pro is probably the better out of all of the above, however it does not remove as much cookies as SuperAntiSpyware, but does remove more malicious files and have better tactics of fighting malware then SAS like killing processes and moving files around, plus deletion and restoration in order to combat malware, due to the fact it is multiple engines in one and uses a cloud scanner. *Bitdefender is inside as well as Emsisoft - better companies

Of course the better route to blocking cookies is not to allow them in the first place, and monitoring your host file trumps all that, when the cookies are harmful, and not needed for certain websites. *C:\windows\system32\drivers\hosts

I also use AdFender. It's free (donations are accepted), does a good job of blocking ads and removes tracking cookies. One place to download it is at Softpedia.com.

Sincerely,

I have stopped bother with the tracking cookies, and other cookies too, I close the browser run ccleaner and/or clean via the browsers options, and then the next day I browse my daily sites the same cookies come to visit me again, everyday they come to visit me

(they like me very much, but I have told them that I dont like them at all, they don't listen :P ).

What I am saying is, I clean them out, they come back the next day, I clean them out, they come back....and so it continues.

So I don't make a big deal about it, it would be a different story if one would not be able to clean them out, but since we are able to do so quite easily I don't care much about them.

Good evening  :)

Edited by SweX

SweX,

It's always better to prevent tracking cookies than to delete them repetitively, from my experience with it EasyPrivacy which is now merged with Fanboy's list does a good job handling tracking cookies (See: Tracking the Trackers - Stanford), it will make them hate you and probably never visit you again. :lol:

Now when I scan with HitmanPro it can't find a single tracking cookie to delete, while in the past it used to find dozens of them.

Cheers

SweX,

It's always better to prevent tracking cookies than to delete them repetitively, from my experience with it EasyPrivacy which is now merged with Fanboy's list does a good job handling tracking cookies (See: Tracking the Trackers - Stanford), it will make them hate you and probably never visit you again. :lol:

Now when I scan with HitmanPro it can't find a single tracking cookie to delete, while in the past it used to find dozens of them.

Cheers

Haha yeah I am sure it will :lol:. Several members on another forum is using Fanboy's list, but nah it's not something I want or need at the moment anyway. Maybe later we'll see  :D

I have stopped bother with the tracking cookies, and other cookies too, I close the browser run ccleaner and/or clean via the browsers options, and then the next day I browse my daily sites the same cookies come to visit me again, everyday they come to visit me

(they like me very much, but I have told them that I dont like them at all, they don't listen :P ).

What I am saying is, I clean them out, they come back the next day, I clean them out, they come back....and so it continues.

So I don't make a big deal about it, it would be a different story if one would not be able to clean them out, but since we are able to do so quite easily I don't care much about them.

Good evening  :)

Yeah, they are kind of like unwanted house guests or junk mail...

Sincerely,