Web Console in Version 2

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I thought (and probably a lot of others) that version 2 would bring along with it a web console. ESET is one of the few (if not only one) that do have a web console for their mobile platform. Even AV Comparatives in their most recent tests made a comment that the only suggestion they had and the only thing the product lacked was a web console. Are there any plans to make this feature available in a future update? I know in my case it is very hard to get to someone with a mobile if I needed to test or use the anti-theft/privacy features...

Edited by puff-m-d

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Hello,

I guess I must be missing something as far as the tests/reviews I have read about EMS 2.0 in regards to a web console. I had thought it would be a welcomed addition in making a great product even greater. However after 3 weeks and in excess of 40 views since my original post, I am beginning to wonder if that many actual users want this additional feature. I am both surprised by the lack of interest from both users and ESET staff. I must assume that the silence from ESET is implying, at least for now, that this feature is not in the works nor being considered. It is such a shame since a web console is offered by almost all other major security companies...

Hello puff-m-d

I will support you in your quest/wish for a web console. Think it is a good idea/suggestion. Even though, (because of projects that have to be done) I have not wrote so much on this forum lately, as I wish to. Then I have noticed, that this section of the forum have an unfortunate tendency to seem to be overlooked. Quite often days can go without feedback. Yeap, one way communication is tiresome, and number one anti motivator.

Regards Janus :-))  (take care my friend)

• 1 month later...
  • ESET Insiders

Hi folks. I'd like to bump this topic and with good reason.  I just installed the new version today on my Moto X.  Its running ok so far, but there are some things lacking.  Like a web console to find/locate a missing/stolen device.  Where do you stand on this?  How about a siren to chirp or scream as other Android AV manufacturers have?  I know this will hugely benefit your product and the Android Community as a whole.

Can we please get a reply from Marcos or the Android Devs who work for Eset on where you stand with this?

Thanks.

Edited by Trooper

• ESET Insiders

This has been noted as a suggestion for future versions of EMS.

Thanks so much Marcos, cheers!  Let me know if you need beta testers when the time comes.

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

@Trooper - Thanks for your reply...

@Marcos - Thanks, eagerly awaiting the announcement that this noted suggestion has now been planned for implementation ;) !!!

This has been noted as a suggestion for future versions of EMS.

Thanks so much Marcos, cheers!  Let me know if you need beta testers when the time comes.

I believe it will be a public beta like the previous one, so it will probably me announced here on the forum, and maybe even an email will be sent if you have signed up for the beta program.  :)

• 2 months later...