ESET disconnects WiFi network

Guest Derek

Hi, I'm currently using ESET Smart Security 5 but lately I start having problem because I get disconnect constantly from my internet after 15 minutes or so... until I temporarily switch off the protection just to see how it turns out.  Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that the culprit is the ESET program itself.  I've tested this on another PC using the same router/network and only the one with ESET is having problem.

So I wanted to check to see if there's any settings I need to modify in order to make things back to the way it should be, as this is very annoying to restart everytime I get disconnected.  Thanks.

• Administrators

Does disabling firewall via gui or changing integration to "Personal firewall is completely disabled" in the advanced setup make a difference?

Thank you both for the replies.

I have tried disabling the firewall permanently by going into sub menu system integration and does that, the result remains the same after rebooting my PC. So I can say that this method is not making any difference from my current state. However, I will try to reinstall the program to see if it works again.  Will keep you posted.

Derek

• Administrators

With personal firewall completely disabled, ESET cannot affect network communication in any way as it's not integrated in the system at all. You can also try installing the latest stable beta v7 downloadable from hxxp://www.eset.com/int/beta/v7.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

What is the brand and model of computer and operating system that the computer is running?  Also, what brand and model of wireless adapter is it using?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I've updated to version 7 and the problem seems to go away now for good, as I've been able to stay connected for more than 24 hours without any interruption.

Thanks.