Exclusions

DrTeeth

I have placed a correct path to exclude from scanning, but every time I run the particular program, I get lots of "Potentially unsafe application found" warnings. It is a set of utilities that are perfectly legal and safe. How can I stop these warnings?

Thanks

DrT

You can follow the suggestion by TomFace above and disable detection of Potentially Unsafe and/or Unwanted applications completely if you don't want any such detections in the future at all.

Or.

You can keep detection for Potentially Unsafe and Unwanted applications enabled, and instead exclude specific apps from being scanned by the engine both in real-time, on-access and on-demand scanning.

How do I exclude files or folders from scanning in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus?

Exclude specific applications or folders from Real-time file system protection and all scan activity (Startup scan, On-access scanning and Computer (On-demand) scanning)

>>  hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2769/

Thanks for your answers, I will check the config here further. @Marcos, I will post back again if I still see problems, but I will wipe my exclusions lists first. Excluding individual items seems to work okay, but bloacking a folder using *.* does not seem to. Having major surgery in a few days so it will be a while...

Cheers

DrT