I have only recently installed Smart Security 9. When I look at firewall its says that it will turn off Windows Firewall upon installation. However if I check windows it says Windows Firewall is on. If Windows Firewall is on and Esets Firewall is on does this not create a conflict. I have always been told to only have one Firewall turned on. If this is so why has Eset not turned off windows Firewall on installation like it says it will do. Or has my installation not been good.

Hello and welcome Terry. Are you seeing what Marcos posted? Mine looks like this:

post-556-0-55830600-1466426914_thumb.jpg

Does a reboot change anything? Have you tried a repair of ESS via control panel>programs?

Edited by TomFace

I can see a possible "trouble" with both pictures. I noticed on my three machines, the Windows Firewall and Network & Sharing that my connection showed Public and I am on a Private Network. I searched and found a way to make the change to Private. Apples or oranges the

change made be feel better.

I can see a possible "trouble" with both pictures. I noticed on my three machines, the Windows Firewall and Network & Sharing that my connection showed Public and I am on a Private Network. I searched and found a way to make the change to Private. Apples or oranges the

change made be feel better.

Trouble??  Please explain.

Edited by TomFace

You should see a message that the settings are managed by ESET Smart Security:

attachicon.gifwin_firewall.png

As to firewall issues I mentioned yesterday.  I NO LONGER see the graphic as attached.  I no longer see ESET as security but I see a graphic that asks me to turn on Windows Security Center Service.  The system will not let me turn on this security and so what to do?  Any suggestions?  KOR-

Sorry KOR, I use Win 7. Unsure if you situation is related to 10. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

You should see a message that the settings are managed by ESET Smart Security:

attachicon.gifwin_firewall.png

As to firewall issues I mentioned yesterday.  I NO LONGER see the graphic as attached.  I no longer see ESET as security but I see a graphic that asks me to turn on Windows Security Center Service.  The system will not let me turn on this security and so what to do?  Any suggestions?  KOR-

Please post the output of running the following commands:

sc query wscsvc

sc qc wscsvc

sc query winmgmt

sc qc winmgmt

sc query rpcss

sc qc rpcss

Marcos.  After a two day project finally was able to uninstall  the beta10 and went back to smart security.  Everything is working and showing itself as active.    KOR-