Installing and activating workstations without internet

Hello,

we have many workstations that are used without internet and i has created mst file for agent installing via GPO/MS SCCM, but i just cant install and activate antiviral software. After installing antiviral software i am starting client task with activation that are alway unsuccesfull. What i need to do to activate (license are activated @RA server)? Thank you.

• ESET Staff

Hello,

What I will add to the response from Gonzalo, you have to activate using offline license file.

You can get the license file on ESET License Administrator portal (you have to enable this option "settings"). 

If you are logged in using your license key: hxxp://help.eset.com/ela/en-US/index.html?downloading_offline_legacy_licenses_2.htm 

If you have created security admin account: hxxp://help.eset.com/ela/en-US/index.html?downloading_offline_legacy_licenses.htm 

Once the offline file is inserted into ERA, you can use standard activation task. Please note, that such computer should have restricted access to edf.eset.com, as otherwise it will report license violation on license administrator and would prevent creation / editing of offline files on ELA. 

NOTE: If your ERA server has internet access, you can use apache http proxy (you can install it to the same machine as ERA server using the all-in-one installer), and then configure communication via proxy in policy for ESET Security products) for forwarding the communication between ESET and your clients. So clients could still be without direct internet access, they will go via proxy, to ESET Servers (Proxy is configured to be limited to access ESET servers only).  Then only your ERA server / proxy component will be required to have internet access. 

Edited by MichalJ