Windows 7 gmail and eset

I am running on a windows 7 platform. Gmail has been consistently give me a 'something's not right message' and the system is very very slow. It would appear that Eset is perhaps blocking the application.

Google tells me that I should 'whitelist' a number of extensions that are provided to circumvent the problem. If this is indeed the case here, where in Eset would I add these extensions?

Help will be appreciated.

thank you

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling protocol filtering make a difference? If so, does enabling pre-release updates in the advanced update setup help?

Can you please explain what you mean? Where is the disabling protocol? Getting Google loaded is veeeeery slow. It looks as if it is an Eset issue as if Eset makes google unlock many doors before it can be loaded. Google continues to tell me that 'there is a problem' and I have noticed that Eset is working when this message comes up.

Rachel

• ESET Staff

Hi @Rachelb,

If you are using a version 8, download and install the newest one. Reboot and

see if your problem continues.

Go to https://help.eset.com/ess/9/en-US/, subsection "protocol Filtering".

Disable it, test your Gmail, (if don't change, try again after a reboot).

If not work, try to disable temporary from Configuration on the visual interface 1 by 1

the protections and see which one make the difference.

Reactivate and tell us how is goes.

I am running on a windows 7 platform. Gmail has been consistently give me a 'something's not right message' and the system is very very slow. It would appear that Eset is perhaps blocking the application.

Google tells me that I should 'whitelist' a number of extensions that are provided to circumvent the problem. If this is indeed the case here, where in Eset would I add these extensions?

Help will be appreciated.

thank you

I also found my Win7 Pro (32 & 64 bit both) IE11 browser to be Very slow on a cold startup, and this "jumping through hoops" solved it (I'm a Software Tech, and it took me Months to figure this out)-

1. I installed the Faster Opera browser (Chrome based with a Much Better User interface...), and use it for browsing Only.

a. I Don't like to download files on Opera (they get stored, and slow it's loading), and use IE11 for downloading files/Banking...

2. On a cold startup I have to wait 35min while (I got a Sharp battery clock at WalMart (Black second hand), and a kitchen timer are a Must, You Should print this Procedure)!)-

a. Opening/ closing (in this order After 10min)-  

-Taskbar Internet icon.

-Touch Start menu icon for 6sec, then raise cursor above it for 2.5min.

-Open Start Menu for 2min. 

-Move cursor to right (away from Any icons (Taskbar too)!), and reboot after 5min

-Then do the Same thing, and Browsers... will be Fast!

Note!- It's not just the ESS firewall, as it is the same with the Win7 firewall (KIS2014 was Much slower/problematic).

I have 2 computers on the same Router/with the same User Account, and wonder if this is causing me to have to do this?- You might not to have to do All of this (Experiment..., and Please let me know)?

G'day

Scott

• Administrators

I heard about such substantial slowdowns only when McAfee was pre-installed and was not detected/removed before ESET got installed. I'd suggest checking the list of installed applications for possible security software installed concurrently with ESET. Also try narrowing it down by disabling protection modules, one at a time (including protocol filtering and HIPS in the advanced setup).