Notification of Scan Finished in Console 6

beethoven

Just ran a manual scan remotely and configured this task with notification to me via email once the scan has finished. I am now getting the email messages for each client but can't actually tell which client has finished or shows an infection. Of course going to the console, running a report etc I do find the relevant info but is there a better way to do that.  How would I include the client name in any email notification so that I immediately knew where to look for further action?

• 1 month later...

as an update I also wonder if there is any better way to make the email output actually readable.  At the moment I am getting something like the message below. For some clients I managed to attach a name, so at least I know which client to check.  But does the message actually tell me anything other than a scan has finished? If a virus had been found in the scan, would that be obvious?   At the moment I see "scanned; infected; cleaned and status but can only assume that these are headers that have no corresponding entry in the line below?

%scheduled scan finished%

Source machine;Severity;Time of occurrence;Scanned targets;Scanned;Infected;Cleaned;Status;"Time of completion ";Scanner;Scan log reference;User
68c7b9eb-f084-462e-a34b-92571c3037d2;1;2016-05-17 06:27:47;"Operating memory;C:\Boot sector;C:\";164613;0;0;Completed;2016-05-17 06:50:02;On-demand scanner;ndl1748.dat;XXXXX/Name

• ESET Staff

The current notification output format is a CSV.

Basically "Scanned / Infected / Cleaned / Status in the header equals to 164613 / 0 / 0 / Completed, so you know, that there were 0 infections and 0 cleaned files.

We are planning to completely redesign the notification wizard, with granular configuration of the output parameters. This is planned for the "Winter" release of ERA 6, currently scheduled for December 2016.

Thank you MichalJ,  that helps me interpret the info. Looking forward to the new notification wizard later this year.