Allow user control on scans

shaik

Dear Support,

I would like to know if there is a method from policy which can be set to allow the stopping of scan for users without admin login.

thanks

shaik

• ESET Staff

No, as of now, this is not possible. In both cases (using scheduler, or using ERA agent to trigger the scan), the scan is executed with local system privileges, so you need and administrator password to stop it.

What problem are you trying to solve, by allowing users manually pause / stop the scan?

• 2 weeks later...

Users are complaining that it slows teh machine , where the schedule scan is in night but if not done to scan when the pc restarts.

Please advise.

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello,

My users are complaining of the same thing. The scheduled scan is performed monthly, and when missed it starts ASAP. The problem is that all users have laptops and not machines that are on 24/7. The impact is severely noticed by developers on very powerful machines with the scan taking a really long time to complete (which in itself is strange). They cannot pause, postpone or otherwise delay the pause until their break or end of the day (even with admin priviledge). It is impossible to schedule a scan that only works at night seeing as nearly all machines are shut down by then.

The only option is not scanning, which ofcourse would be ridiculous.

Am I missing something or why can't the users pause the scan? I seem to recall that I was able to do so in a previous version?