Adware removal help

Hello, I have been having an annoyance with a popup recently to a website called "aftomedia". I've tried scanning multiple times and I've tried downloading malwarebytes to find it to no avail. 

The urls are always a little different, here are two examples: (I don't know how the website works so ill remove the protocol and the period before com)

yvr.aftomedia com/afm/mF3fGd?site=imgur.com&crid=842&sourceid=adtech&xwsid=9432-194735&auction_price=0.148&lat=0.0&lon=0.0&udid=&cb=6822955

yvr.aftomedia.com/afm/mF3fGd?site=imgur.com&crid=842&sourceid=adtech&xwsid=9432-194735&auction_price=0.148&lat=0.0&lon=0.0&udid=&cb=31093671

But the IP remains the same

I saw there was a post on here where someone was given a specialized removal software from the IP and I hope someone has one here. Please help me figure out how to remove this adware  :(

• ESET Staff

Hi @nubdublub,

Usually there was included in some software installed.

As first step I suggest you go to list of installed software and that one is not wanted or unknown for you.

You do the scan and goes clean, as second step reset >all< your installed browsers.

Third step is do right-clic on all shortcuts for browser and check the address calling the .exe file.

Usually there is something added who calls another web-address or something.

Four step, use a program to clean the registry browsers start page or do it manually.

By the way at this point you realize there is no malware active just modified browsers :)

Let me know how goes the cleaning.

BTW2, is good idea to clean your temporal folders.