No Green Border or 'Protected by ESET' for Banking & Payment Protection

Go to solution Solved by foneil,

• Most Valued Members

I recently noticed that the Banking & Payment Protection isn't showing a green border or the 'Protected by ESET' banner on the top of Google Chrome (64-bit) version 49.0.2623.110 on Windows 10. Using regular updates on ESS 9.0.375.0.

It still opens the window (either manually from the Start Menu or automatically redirected) and shows the special ESET page, and previously it usually doesn't show the green border, but I've never had the 'Protected by ESET' banner not appear before.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Edited by planet

YES!!!  I had the same issue and found the solution.  Go to your Control Panel to Install/Uninstall programs.  Locate and click on your ESET product.  When the ESET Smart Security Setup pops up, click NEXT.  You will then have the option to REPAIR or remove.  Click REPAIR, then click Next.  Then, click Repair on the next screen that pops up.  CAUTION:  Computer will restart.  Be sure to save all work before proceeding.  You're supposed to be prompted before the restart, but mine just restarted automatically.  It closed all of my programs, but resumed my search browser and all open tabs.  In any case, these steps resolved my issue.  I now have the Green protective border around all of my financial sites. Good luck.  -Z

• Most Valued Members

You were right vzrod639, a simple repair of Smart Security and restarting Windows 10 resolved the issue. Thank you.

• Administrators

For those having this issue: if you run "sc query ekbdflt", do you get information that the driver is running?

For those having this issue: if you run "sc query ekbdflt", do you get information that the driver is running?

Hello

I've the same problem. Some time apears but most of times not.

How can i ran sc query ekbdflt?

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Hi @carmor,

I suggest you try the solution mark as "best answer".

To run the command locate the CMD option on Windows > (all) Programs > Accesories.

Use the right button of the mouse and run with Administrator privileges, write the command

and hit Enter.

Hi @carmor,

I suggest you try the solution mark as "best answer".

To run the command locate the CMD option on Windows > (all) Programs > Accesories.

Use the right button of the mouse and run with Administrator privileges, write the command

and hit Enter.

Hi Gonzalo

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, the driver is running

Hi @carmor,

If the "Repair" option doesn't solve the problem, you can try the ESET Uninstaller.

Be advice, save your network configuration before do it.

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2289/?locale=it_IT&viewlocale=en_US

Let us know the results.

Hello

i've not yet tried a repair. i'm waiting. maybe eset have a solution

Thanks

Hi @carmor,

If the "Repair" option doesn't solve the problem, you can try the ESET Uninstaller.

Be advice, save your network configuration before do it.

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2289/?locale=it_IT&viewlocale=en_US

Let us know the results.

Hello

i've not yet tried a repair. i'm waiting. maybe eset have a solution

Thanks

ok, since no one of eset says anything I think I will try the best answer.

It's a shame because this is a bug of eset

• Most Valued Members

The problem has come back again recently, no green border or 'Protected by ESET' banner. Driver is running.

• Most Valued Members

It seems that when I shut down (fast boot) and turn on the PC, the issue is more likely to occur but when I restart, the frame and banner reappears and works for a while. Could this be an issue with fast boot/hibernation and Banking Protection's border/banner? Edit: Or it could be working because of a recent module update, not sure.

Edited by planet

• ESET Staff

Hi @elquenunca,

Can you bring us data about it?

• Screenshot
  • what version you have of ESET Smart Security?
  • What browsers (more than 1) you test?
  • What browser you usually use?
  • is your Operating System with the latest updates?
  • Browsers are in latest versions?

:)

hola : no me sale el marco verde tanto en chrome o en firefox y actualizados ,la version de eset es Eset Smart Security 9.0.375.1 creo que hoy ha salido una nueva version 377.1 utilizo windows 10 con todas las actualizaciones al dia

• ESET Insiders

hola : no me sale el marco verde tanto en chrome o en firefox y actualizados ,la version de eset es Eset Smart Security 9.0.375.1 creo que hoy ha salido una nueva version 377.1 utilizo windows 10 con todas las actualizaciones al dia

try with 9.0.377 install and check if the problem persist

• ESET Staff

Hi,

Remember, not all bank and special websites are on the ESET list of Bank Protection, because of that

you can manually add the address on the ESET Smart Security.

If the suggestion of @toxinon12345 don't work, you can try this:

1. "Fix" 1 - Try to "repair" the installed version from the list of installed programs on Configuration
  2. "Fix" 2 - Reset all installed browser, clean temporal folders, reboot, try to open the Bank protection
    from the icon on the desktop. Paypal website should be on green (www.paypal.com).
  3. "Fix" 3 - change the default browser on Windows 10 to other installed and try the bank protection
    and see if someone of the installed browser have the green border.

Let us know the results.