Product Activation Failed

I'd like to activate an EEA by task from RA Web Console, but this task failed, it show 'Task failed in the security product'. How to fix this problem?

Server: ERA 6.3 in Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

Client: Windows XP SP3

post-990-0-46595600-1459244317_thumb.png

In client, the status log seems fine.

post-990-0-77843800-1459244475_thumb.png

The log files:

last-error.htmlstatus.htmltrace.log

• ESET Staff

Have you tried local activation? What is the ECP Error you get in this case?

In most cases, target computer is not able to connect to edf.eset.com due to firewall restriction or a wrong license is used.

To check this, you should open a browser on the affected machine, and try to open https://edf.eset.com/edf. If it gets the following response, it is OK, and there must a be another problem (wrong license)

post-35-0-80656500-1459248251_thumb.png

Have you tried local activation? What is the ECP Error you get in this case?

In most cases, target computer is not able to connect to edf.eset.com due to firewall restriction or a wrong license is used.

To check this, you should open a browser on the affected machine, and try to open https://edf.eset.com/edf. If it gets the following response, it is OK, and there must a be another problem (wrong license)

I tried to activate from client directly, I got an error code ECP.4100. What is that mean? And I really want to complain why can't show useful message in ERA Web Console.. The message "Task failed in the security product" is hard to understand what happened.

• Administrators

Please drop me a pm with your public license ID. The error means a name conflict; I'll need to consult it with developers to find out under what circumstances it could occur.