License usage

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

Hi our status show 562/600 license.

I delete some older clients (witch do not exist anymore) yesterday, so i see now under group "all" 514 assets with a license, why the licence file do not update?

I try to sync over license Management but no change.

• ESET Staff

Before deleting them from ERA you need to do the "deactivation" from the context menu.

Now you have to deactivate the unused seats from eset license administrator.

I've had a few cases where a computer was built and activated then immediately replaced with another using the same name.  This caused the same issue where the reported license usage was higher than I'm actually consuming.  Like MichalJ mentioned it's best to run the deactivation first, but in those cases I had to have ESET support manually remove them.

Before deleting them from ERA you need to do the "deactivation" from the context menu.

Now you have to deactivate the unused seats from eset license administrator.

If i know the PC will be replaced its clear to do this but there are certain other reasons where this is NOT do able!

-> Now you have to deactivate the unused seats from eset license administrator. -> why ESET is not able to sync with ERAS automaticly or do it like before in ERAS 5?

There are different reasons why ESET should do this in other ways:

- damaged hardware,

- damaged eset client,

- other software problems,

- Windows 10 upgrade

- pc stolen

- update ESET Version

If i manage 50 clients your way is do able but with more no chance!

fix this in future versions PLEASE

Also i have no possibility to delete Assets under https://ela.eset.com/SecurityAdmin/UnitManagement/ it says "you can only delete if activated by the security Admin..." i cant select any items

And we have only 1 Security Admin

EDIT: Ok now i know what you mean, for deactivating the Asset must not be online, this was not clear before. I setup the online license administrator to deactivate + delete all clients > 30 days not connected and hope this will fix my problem.

Edited by HSW

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hello HSW,

For the future version of ERA, upon deleting computers from ERA, it will automatically deactivate selected seats on the licensing servers (as of now, you have to do it by context menu item - computers - deactivate, until the computer is still present in ERA).  Please note, that this will remove the seat also for cases you have described, where the seat is no longer existent (computer destroyed, etc).

The issue why you can´t deactivate is explained in the ELA help FAQs. You have most probably entered the license key to ERA, then activate the seats from ERA. You can login to ELA with your lciense key and ELA password you have received after purchase / conversion of credentials from the older format, and you can remove the units from there.

FAQ´s: hxxp://help.eset.com/ela/en-US/index.html?faq.htm

Hope that this helps.

Hello HSW,

For the future version of ERA, upon deleting computers from ERA, it will automatically deactivate selected seats on the licensing servers (as of now, you have to do it by context menu item - computers - deactivate, until the computer is still present in ERA).  Please note, that this will remove the seat also for cases you have described, where the seat is no longer existent (computer destroyed, etc).

The issue why you can´t deactivate is explained in the ELA help FAQs. You have most probably entered the license key to ERA, then activate the seats from ERA. You can login to ELA with your lciense key and ELA password you have received after purchase / conversion of credentials from the older format, and you can remove the units from there.

FAQ´s: hxxp://help.eset.com/ela/en-US/index.html?faq.htm

Hope that this helps.

This was a helpfull info, we only logged in with Security Admin. THX