I just installed EVS everything seems to work fine but i cannot get the protected VM to show information on the details tab

post-10948-0-08319900-1455655430_thumb.png

post-10948-0-88882000-1455655430_thumb.png

post-10948-0-45911500-1455655431_thumb.png

i only installed the VMCI Driver on the windows 2012 machine so thats the protected one

post-10948-0-32014800-1455655597_thumb.png

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I only installed the agent, do i need to install a security product too, in this case File security? I figured the EVS appliance would manage that since it has its own virus signature database.

• ESET Staff

Hello Federico,

In case of ESET Virtualization Security, it is an agentless solution. You should not install ERA agent to the target machine. Instead, the machine should appear in "lost and found" group, after being powered on, as it is reported by EVS (ESET Virtualization Security Appliance) to ESET Virtual Agent Host, which creates the "virtual agent entity" for such machine, and reports that to ERA. Having agent installed on the machine will actually result in a duplicated entry in ESET Remote Administrator Server. 

Hi Michael, thanks for your response when i said that i only installed the agent i meant the vahost, you can see in the image it has no agent logo but it says managed yes.

What you can see in the VM folder is a sincro of the vmware machines, i only installed the VMCI Driver on the windows 2012 so thats the one being managed.

The problem is that it is managed by the vahost and i still cannot see the info, so it should be protected by the EVS appliance right, no endpoint solution requiered for what i can see in the EVS architecture graph

• ESET Staff

For proper analysis, we will need the following:

1, exact order of steps of installation of all EVS components (ERA / VAH / EVS), how they were deployed? We need to know, how you get to this state.

2, we will need export of tracelog from both Virtual Agent Host, and Agent running in the VAH machine (hxxp://help.eset.com/evs/1/en-US/index.html?what_to_send_cc.htm)

We will however recommend you to open a support ticket.