Unable to work Web Control in EES V.6.3.

Haresh2015

Hello ESET Team,

I have installed ESET Endpoint Security V.6.3.2016.0 & restricted categories-wise website by web control.

OS : MS Windows 10 (V.1511) & MS Windows 7 Pro SP1 (reported problem in both)

Problem 1 : Unable to open website in Internet explorer or Mozilla Firefox & webpage goes to looping,

If I have paused web control protection, it's worked fine.

Problem 2: If exclude Internet explorer & Mozilla Firefox Application in Protocol filtering in advance setup.

website open successfully but unable to work web control (unable to restrict categories-wise website)

so please give solution as soon as possible.

waiting for prompt replay.

• Administrators

Most likely your router has a problem processing TXT DNS responses. Does changing the DNS server to Google's 8.8.8.8 or 4.4.4.4 make a difference?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue, but, web control is no longer working for us since 6.3.   We have it setup to block/allow specific sites, and previously our allow lists would override our block list, but this functionality is no longer working in 6.3.

• Administrators

I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue, but, web control is no longer working for us since 6.3.   We have it setup to block/allow specific sites, and previously our allow lists would override our block list, but this functionality is no longer working in 6.3.

Please provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the issue. What version of Endpoint did you have installed prior to v6.3?

• 1 month later...

We have the latest ERA.

Attempting to go from ESET 6.2 to 6.3

We have it setup like this:

An "all users" policy that gets applied to all computers, contains our large website blocklist (ex: facebook.com)

We have certain people who are ALLOWED to go to facebook and we have set up a group called "socialusersgroup" that receives the "all users" policy that contains a block for facebook, but also contains another policy (socialpolicy) that overrides the all users policy and says that facebook.com is on the allow list.

Hope you get what I mean, kind of hard to explain :)

Thanks,

sk

• Administrators

If you disable both SSL scanning and Web control and add *facebook.com* to the list of blocked addresses in the URL management under Web access protection, you should get an error "SSL_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED_ALERT" while attempting to open facebook.com in a browser. Does that work?

Thanks, this turned out to be an issue with a proxy/firewall - just happened to start getting the error at the exact moment I upgraded to 6.3.