Multiple emails for notifications

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

I have two email addresses separated by semicolon here:

policy "ESET Security Product for Windows" --> Tools --> Email notifications --> Recipient address --> "mail1@contoso.com;mail2@contoso.com"

This policy was created in previous version of ERA.

After updating to 6.3 I want to edit another element (e.g. "Minimum verbosity") of the policy and cannot save because there is an error "Invalid value" at "Recipient address" field. Single email is ok, no error.

How can I use more than one email for notifications?

post-6794-0-97758800-1455091433_thumb.png

• ESET Staff

As of now, this is not possible as there is integrated validation for e-mail address format in both Endpoint 6 & ERA 6 policy editor. Statement that it was working in Endpoint 5 is correct, but was never officially supported. We will however track the improvement, and would work on changing the behavior of e-mail notifications for ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6 in the future releases.

As of now, this is not possible as there is integrated validation for e-mail address format in both Endpoint 6 & ERA 6 policy editor. Statement that it was working in Endpoint 5 is correct, but was never officially supported. We will however track the improvement, and would work on changing the behavior of e-mail notifications for ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6 in the future releases.

Ok, thanks for the info.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

I have checked with the development, and there is an update to this topic. We will issue the update of our configuration engine module, that will enable this functionality (multiple entries in the notification field allowed). This should happen in next 2 months.

• ESET Staff

Requesting @MartinK :)

As MichalJ has already posted, it is considered as a bug in configuration validation. In the meantime, you can create another policy with new values ("Minimum verbosity) and continue using policy created in previous versions of ERA - both policies will be merged so that you will have both old and new settings .. if I understood you correctly, it still works and sends notifications to multiple addresses?

it still works and sends notifications to multiple addresses?

I have it edited to one email already, but before - yes, it worked to multiple addresses with ERA6.3+EES6.3. It is ok - right now I need only one recipient temporary :)

Thanks a lot, @MichalJ, @MartinK