Eset Smart Security 9 and Windows Mail

Having a problem with Smart Security 9 and Windows Mail.

Windows mail is no longer syncing or downloading emails automatically and when I try to sync and get my email manually I am getting the following message ......

"We are having a problem downloading messages. Try again later.
Error code: 0x80048830
"

When I disable protection on Smart Security 9 temporarily my Windows Mail works fine. Can someone tell me how to fix this, I know Smart Security 9 works fine with Outlook but I really see no need to install it when Windows 10 already has it's own email program that I would prefer to use. 

Thanks so much in advance!

Really, Eset puts out a product that is Windows 10 compatible but NOT with the OS's mail email client? LMAO!

Wow, I am speechless, shaking my head because what kind of developer would only protect PART of the OS and not the entire OS? luckily I didn't spend anything on SS9 and got it as part of a promotion, I'll be uninstalling it and be going with another solution because I am certainly not going to install yet ANOTHER email client, I shouldn't have to.

Eset dropped the ball on this one, good antivirus but dimwhits for developers.

I started having this problem a couple of days ago. I use eM Client for my Comcast and Google emails. I'm thinking it is a problem with a recent update to Eset Smart Security because it use to work. To start recieving emails I had to add eM Client to the Exlude list.

I made a post in this thread earlier today. It was my first post since joining. When I posted I got a message something about it not posting until it was approved. Is there a reason it didn't post and my second post in another thread did?

• Administrators

I made a post in this thread earlier today. It was my first post since joining. When I posted I got a message something about it not posting until it was approved. Is there a reason it didn't post and my second post in another thread did?

The other post must have been approved but not this one. It is now. Does the problem persist with current modules, especially with Internet protection module 1226.7?

I just took eM Client off the exclude list and was able to send and recieve email. A update must have fixed it. Thanks for the reply. ESS is a great security program and I'd hate to have to leave my email unprotected. :)